585,597 active members*
3,144 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

What CNC for classical guitar parts?

Hello, I´m a newbie regarding CNC, but I´m much more a technology guy than carpenter/manual worker, but I have some ideas for building flamenco guitars.
    Tradicitionally, all the parts here in Spain were built like carptenter from the headstock to the end, even they tend to follow the most rudimentary "ways" and tools that require lots of time.

I started the thread, because, I have some doubts related 2.5D, 3D capablities of some machines/software, and because seem most topics are oriented to electric guitars, that are different horses, so in classical/flamenco guitars must join (glue the parts) even if using a CNC for modeled them.
    Also, today there are so much machines, options, sofwares that for a newbie on CNC don´t have idea on what direction to start because too much posibilities, models, so I guess is easier for a user to suggest a first orientation to where to start. Have read opinions about machines like X-carve are not capable of 3D, so not sure about if can do a round neck or not, fretboard.. and so on. so if a 1500$ router should be ok or if need a expensive mill CNC.

So, will try to be specific as I can,

I attached in pics, a finished neck with head and shaft and heel are three parts joined (glued), most workd for me seems shaft curve with specific radio, and heel with a "nice" figure from a just a square piece of woodd seems a 3D hard work often handmade.

So my first doubts, if what machine/or combo cnc/machine cnc should I need? Do 2.5D? or 3D? is software depending or machine depending? pricing? models recomended? software?

I could use the machine for other milling features, example, the top and bottom, come in pieces of 4mm, than usually are sand manually til get 2.6mm, so i guess this work could be very easy done with a cnc, maybe also the rossete milling needed, maybe the hole., Usually harmonic bars are cutted from the own original 4mm wodd, then modeled, I guess a cnc could be most of that quite easily.

some parts like this are not that dificult to make by hand like the the neck curves so should be optional depending on the machine I could afford.

So hope if you can give me a first orientation about hardware/software capabilities, prices, 2.5D or 3D difference to find out if needed 3D for the neck.

Hope I explained my first idea, so you can give me a first orientation.

thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mango-samanguila-acabado-pala-palo-santo-de-india.jpg   mango-cedro-especial-cites-guitarra-clasica.jpg   pala-ebano-makassar-guitarra-acustica-clasica.jpg   zoque-okume-guitarra-clasica.jpg