584,800 active members*
4,533 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > SmoothStepper Motion Control > Issue noise motors on MB3-ESS card

Issue noise motors on MB3-ESS card

hi... I have a issue for setup the motors stepper on MB3-ESS card.. I had wired 3 motors when I run the g-code file I feel that the signal output got to the motors, but them not move or move a very little step .. I'm confused about how to config fine match4 and this card.
    the motors are : 85BYGH450C-012B
    driver DM860A

I have attached here a shoot pictures of mach4 and ESS plug-in and a movie for help better... I hope the video is clear...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap5.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	436199Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap3.jpg 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	436195Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap10.jpg 
Size:	14.2 KB 
ID:	436201
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snap9.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	436203

Re: Issue noise motors on MB3-ESS card

Hi,
    none of the attachments are viewable.

I had wired 3 motors when I run the g-code file I feel that the signal output got to the motors,
    What evidence do you have that the signals got as far as the motors?
    What microstepping regime have you set your drivers for?
    What is your motor tuning (steps/unit)?
    What units (inches or mm)?
    Do your drivers have an enable signal and is that signal present?

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    none of the attachments are viewable. ----> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachments.jpg 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	436309

What evidence do you have that the signals got as far as the motors? -->> Can you explain better ?
    What microstepping regime have you set your drivers for? ---->> I not set it, because I not understand where set this parameters.
    What is your motor tuning (steps/unit)? ---->>You mean in the menù ESS pluggin set ? yes I set option Step/unit..
    What units (inches or mm)? ---> I have setting in MM
    Do your drivers have an enable signal and is that signal present? you mean the ENBL + and - signal on the therminals drivers ? I need of wire also them ?

Craig
    Craig sorry if I not understand all your questions listed , If you have need of other info , please don't hesitate..
    Last edited by walkit; 02-09-2020 at 04:23 PM.

Re: Issue noise motors on MB3-ESS card

Hi,

I feel that the signal output got to the motors,
    This is what you posted.....what I want to know is how you know the signal got to the motors? That the motors are not going suggests to me that the
    signal DID NOT get to the motors.

Just about all stepper drivers have micro stepping, it helps smooth the motion. Usually there are DIP switches on the board for setting the microstepping.
    Do you have a manual for the drivers? Have you bothered to do a Google search on microstepping?

Motor tuning, including the steps per unit are in Machs Controll not the ESS plugin. How did you set the steps per unit if you don't know about microstepping?

The drivers WILL require n Enable signal (ENBL+ and ENBL-).

Craig