585,676 active members*
4,294 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > LinuxCNC (formerly EMC2) > How to Install Software - ALFA Wireless Adapter

How to Install Software - ALFA Wireless Adapter

Hey folks;
    I know Linux is a great platform but wow, I do feel like such a child when attempting to set it up!!!!!
    I recently purchased an ALFA Wireless USB Adapter for Linux after reading on the web that it was plug and play. It most likely is but when I attempt to load the drivers, Linux is asking for the application to use to use for installation. I look at all the "open" options, and can't for the life of me figure out what to use. Everything I've tried, just throws an error of some kind and nothing has been installed. Can someone please point me to a procedure for completing this Task? Is there a good command summary for Linux commands? Sorry but I've been attempting to setup Linux cnc for a system rebuild and it has been nothing but problems. I hate to think I'll have to revert to Mach for control.
    Thanks.
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)

Re: How to Install Software - ALFA Wireless Adapter

Never Mind Folks.
    Turned out to be a problem with the usb ports caused by a faulty CD drive. Moved the machine back to the shop and it connected without a hitch.
    Damn I wish I knew more about this stuff!
    Bill
    billyjack
    Helicopter def. = Bunch of spare parts flying in close formation! USAF 1974 ;>)