584,850 active members*
4,390 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Maho MH 1600 S spindle won't start

Hello everyone,

I finished installing my Maho MH 1600 S from 1991 that I bought from the Neterehlands in December last year. It was a pain to get it into the shop, the damn thing ways almost 20 tons . Before powering up we had to solder a lot of cables back together because before dismantling the machine for storage the people there cut them crudely like with an axe. Luckily they are color coded an we managed. I reintroduced the machine constants and changed the memory battery because it was bad.
    The machine hydraulics start and I can reference all the axes and jog them.
    The problem is that when I go into TEACH IN an type any S value with M03 or M04 the spindle doesn't start . I get an error message E94 N-ACT=N-CMD NOT 1 ON SPINDEL START. The spindel load meter instantly goes to full 150%. Even if I try to jog the spindle left or right by pressing the 2 buttons on the flat panel it doesn't turn, it displays 10 RPM and the load meter goes to 150%.
    The only thing it does is it changes from low gear to high gear depending on the S value. When it goes from M42 to M41 i can notice a small movement of the spindel.
    It has a Indramat KDA 3 2-150-3 main drive. The ok green light led is on and small screen displays NO RF.

Hope someone can help.

Re: Maho MH 1600 S spindle won't start

To all viewing this post the problem was solved. The power board of the Indramat main drive had 2 burned transformers that where replaced along with all the capacitors.

Hi, do you know what is the difference between MAHO 1600W and S? Also what was the most economical way to transport those older machine? I am thinking to dissemble it, but how far can a MAHO 1200/1600 be dissembled for transport? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hi3cmz View Post
    Hi, do you know what is the difference between MAHO 1600W and S? Also what was the most economical way to transport those older machine? I am thinking to dissemble it, but how far can a MAHO 1200/1600 be dissembled for transport? thanks!
    Hello,

The S stands for speed, it has a faster tool changer than the standart model and higher rapids but I am not sure about the last. The W was the nex generation of machines with the 532 controller. To transport the machine you will need a 20 ton crane and a flat bed trailer. It must be dissembled because of the width. You can take out all the side sheet metal and side doors and leave the front doors on their place. The controler and the arm must also be dissembled because of the hight. All of this including the chip conveyour and the cooling tank shoud fit in a trailer.
    But before you buy the machine test it first.

Regards

Hey I have the same problem as you had, but only with the high gear (M42) were you abel to change the transformer by yourself, or did you have a professional do it.
    And where did you finde a new transformer.
    Hope you can help, have a nice day