584,846 active members*
3,851 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Anilam 3000M Encoder Phase Help.

I have been setting up an old Anilam setup for the past few weeks and for the most part I think I have it about where it needs to be.... except 1 little issue. I make up my drawing in EnRoute currently because I run a CNC Plasma machine and its a good software for that. I make it up and use multicam Gcode to export it, where the Anilam then converts G code to M. The only issue is that my Z axis is flippd the wrong way. I want it to be positive and not negative. I found out where you make this change and its on the Anilam console under Encoder Phase in the settings. When I make the change from not inverted to inverted to get it where I want it does exactly that when I turn the servos back on but for some reason it is racing up and even seems to be ignoring the limit switch because the first time I did it I broke the Z axis spindle from it raising up and topping out against the cover. I have a new one so thats no big deal but I have cautisiously tried this again and it does the same thing. I guess maybe the manual isnt telling me enough about what Encoder Phase actually does and any insight would be awesome..... or even just an idea on how I get the machine to flip which way the Z axis goes when its reading codes.

Re: Anilam 3000M Encoder Phase Help.

..assuming you have DC Servo axis motors....reversing the Tachometer feedback (2 wires on amp) and the Motor (2wires) should do the trick.

Re: Anilam 3000M Encoder Phase Help.

Awesome, I appreciate it.