584,837 active members*
4,895 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Fiber Laser Cutting Topics > video. Shop air vs O2 for assist gas on 500 watt fiber laser.

Shop air vs O2 for assist gas on 500 watt fiber laser.

Video is an information type video, and the channel is not monetized.

I'm a small sheet metal parts maker in Central florida, we recently switched to compressed air on our 500 watt bescutter fiber laser after running for about two years on oxygen.

We have been running for a little over two months with the air setup bought through quincy compressors, got through two full production runs with roughly 10,000+ parts in each batch. Results are holding steady so I feel it is time to share.

I figure the more people flipping airgas the bird the better

Here is a kinda show and tell using a sample part made to show cut quality. Using only our originally programmed air cut settings, we did not change any cut perimeters for the parts.

I recently got a custom made 2.5D fiber laser welding machine, and the owner of Bescutter stopped in for the setup because it was a totally new type of machine. I mentioned the switch to Air cut and he asked if I could make a video showing the process.. So here it is. I'll be posting a video on my laser welder once I get a production run under my belt. It welds great but I'm having some trouble figuring out my part fixturing..

A couple of my friends here in Florida also got new machines recently, so I'll be showing a 10KW exchange table and 2KW fiber laser.. I'm making a little promo video for each of them and editing the video for my hobby channel.

Re: video. Shop air vs O2 for assist gas on 500 watt fiber laser.

I did not want to double post but I made this as a pair of videos. So here is the other part. Sorry.

Showing my current compressor and filter setup. I've included a blank quote number on the end of the video which you should be able to use for ordering the same setup. (I get nothing in exchange just being helpful)