585,605 active members*
3,433 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Alphacam > How to change the tool to a generated toolpath?

How to change the tool to a generated toolpath?

Hi. I'm new to Alphacam and I have a situation where I do need to change the tool of a previously generated Toolpath and I cant find any way to do this operation. Also didn't found any relevant information on internet, so I am asking here if somebody know how to change the tool for a previously generated toolpath. Thank you.

Re: How to change the tool to a generated toolpath?

Hello friend, do you need the machine to perform automatic tool change? Hope I understood nothing wrong. If so, you need to make sure your machine supports tool change operations. What software are you using to control the machine? Usually need to determine the tool change instruction when making the tool path, when the code is generated, the tool change instruction is included

Hi. Thank you for reply but you are not answering to my question. I do need to make the changes in Alphacam not on the machine. Yes I do have an ATC machine, and the tools configured in Alphacam don't reflect anymore the lool length and diametesr that I have on machine.

Right click on the relevant tool path in the "Operations" tab on the Side Bar (Project Manager) then select "Edit" then click on "Change Tool" then select new tool from tool menu and left click with mouse in drawing window to accept new tool then click on "OK" for the following "Edit" dialogue boxes, Alphacam will then re-process the tool path using the new tool.

Video Link
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/m76nl86f65...1-672.mp4?dl=0