585,922 active members*
4,000 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Trouble sending files to Fanuc Data Server

Trouble sending files to Fanuc Data Server

I just got two more used Kitamuras with Fanuc 16i-M (the i-MA, not i-MB), and am having trouble sending files to the Fanuc Data Server board.

I am using the Fanuc Program Transfer Tool to transfer gcode files to the machines. The machines are configured on the network, and I can successfully connect to them from using the Program Transfer Tool on my PC.

However, I am unable to send files from my PC (using the program transfer tool) to the machines. Interestingly, I am able to create folders on the machines (using the program transfer tool), but still I cannot transfer files.

The Program Transfer Tool gives the error "Fail to download file." The error is instantaneous - its not like it tries for a few seconds and then fails.

I have two other machines that have slightly newer Fanuc 16i-MB controls, and these work fine. I have the same configuration for them all on the machine's ETHPRM screen (except for unique IP addresses), and also have the same settings in the configuration for the Fanuc Program Transfer Tool.

Is it possible that the machines don't have the necessary options from Fanuc even though it has the physical hardware?

Any ideas why this won't work?

Re: Trouble sending files to Fanuc Data Server

PhoenixMetal,
    If the HDD were never used you will have to format from DS-MTN screen.
    What OS is your DS set to? Prm 921 ish
    Can you use other FTP programs such as WinSCP?
    WHAT MODE ARE THE DS set to? Buffer, STORAGE or FTP?
    How about the ETHLOG from the MESSAGE screen?

Re: Trouble sending files to Fanuc Data Server

Hi freakycnc

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

WinSCP did the trick!

I had tried FileZilla in the past but I couldn't make that work, and in fact I was not able to make FileZilla work with my other machines either (the ones that I've been using with the Fanuc program transfer tool for years), so I always assumed that Fanuc had some special implementation of FTP going on. Filezilla would connect just fine, but wouldn't transfer files.

I breathed such a sigh of relief when I saw the file transfer without a hitch with WinSCP. I had been struggling with these machines for over a week, Fanuc's tech support couldn't make sense of it either.

Thank you so much. Now to make some parts!