584,841 active members*
4,654 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > Mach3 gcode work piece very very small

Mach3 gcode work piece very very small

Hello created Gcode in aspire 9.4 saved it and when I load it onto Mach3 the work piece that I want to cut is very very small and the z,x,y, axis sizes change to 3 to 4 meters when they were just about 100mm before loading the gcode please help I am really wanting to cut my first bit of work
    thank you

Re: Mach3 gcode work piece very very small

If Aspire is set for mm output then make sure Mach3 is also set for mm, or vise-versa.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Is this the first time the machine start work?If it is ,maybe the moter step parameters is not correct.
    Hope it would be helpful

yes set both mm thanks, have it so no inlarge of my DRO`s but now code is 263645 lines for six cut outs and 24 holes anyone out there help please. saved gcode in gcode mm tap.

hi to answer from Barry yes have machined before with mach3 on this machine but not from aspire 9.5 gcode seems to load correctly when use save post Gcode mm tesx but not when I use the mach3 auto tool change or arc mach3 posts to save gcode
    help please

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Dawson View Post
    If Aspire is set for mm output then make sure Mach3 is also set for mm, or vise-versa.
    You don't have to have the machine control match the code it can be Inch the other can be metric all that is needed is a G20 for inch program in the start of the program or G21 for metric at the start of the program
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by hazzard1 View Post
    hi to answer from Barry yes have machined before with mach3 on this machine but not from aspire 9.5 gcode seems to load correctly when use save post Gcode mm tesx but not when I use the mach3 auto tool change or arc mach3 posts to save gcode
    help please
    Just cut and paste the first 20 lines of code here I will take a look at it
    Mactec54