585,764 active members*
4,384 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > Linear and Rotary Motion > Ballscrew customization source???

Ballscrew customization source???

I've decided to do the ballscrew conversion on my mill (HF geared-head mill), and wondering if there are any places I can send my lead-screws to and they'd make me a set of custom ballscrews to fit? As I'm new to machining, I don't trust my workmanship to accurately cut down the journals etc right now. FWIW, I'm going with rolled ballscrews, and thinking 5/8" dia. should be appropriate.

Thanks,
    -Neil.,

You could try these guy's
    http://www.homeshopcnc.com/page3.html

IIRC, these guys expect me to specify all dimensions, etc. I'm hoping to find a source that will let me send them the full existing lead-screws and sell me a custom-made solution that would mostly bolt into place, except for perhaps some mounting holes etc. I'll contact them anyway tomorrow to see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by cnczoner View Post
    IIRC, these guys expect me to specify all dimensions, etc. I'm hoping to find a source that will let me send them the full existing lead-screws and sell me a custom-made solution that would mostly bolt into place, except for perhaps some mounting holes etc. I'll contact them anyway tomorrow to see what they say.

Try these guys, They will make whatever you want, Send them what you got and tell them to make the same thing but in a ball screw. If you send them the entier assembly that can make whatever you want. BUT it wont be cheap.

EJM Ballscrew 209 Morton ST Bay City MI, 48706
    Phone 989-893-8529

Bluesman

you could probably buy the ball screws and maybe have a cnczoner turn them for you?