584,798 active members*
4,365 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Torch Height Control

Does anyone have a set of plans for making a THC ? I have a Hypertherm 1000. Thanks Rxe

I have the electronics that Rutex sold as a stand alone THC. It worked quite well. I upgraded my table to use his r510a plasma control board which has a thc included in the circutry and no longer require it. I have 2 control boards (1 new and unused for a backup), the set of switches and 1 board installed in a cheap steel case. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].
    D. Paulson

THC electronics

you can go to www.campbelldesings.com
    and find a Torch Height Contorl
    Jim

Could you please send me more info on THC? Thanks Manny

Could you please send me more info on THC? my email is [email protected]
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dpaulson View Post
    I have the electronics that Rutex sold as a stand alone THC. It worked quite well. I upgraded my table to use his r510a plasma control board which has a thc included in the circutry and no longer require it. I have 2 control boards (1 new and unused for a backup), the set of switches and 1 board installed in a cheap steel case. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].
    Hello, you wouldn't happen to still have any parts, pieces to the Rutex stuff? Allso, did you by chance take any photos of the THC setup you could share? I'm just having a hard time getting to the next step with this setup. Thanks, Aj. use my e-mail if you like: [email protected]

For low cost Full Digital Torch Height Controller AND powered, isolated Breakout BOB for proper interface for ALL I/O to MACH3:

www.CandCNC.com/MP3000-DTHC.htm

Even cheaper is to buy the modular card set with the optional DTHC module and install in your case/enclosure: www.CandCNC.com/UBOB.htm [UBOB Builders Pak II]

You will need to address the interface to the PC and MACH3 (motion control software) regardless of the type THC you buy/build. In the MP3000 series it's all integrated in. It's the only solution that supports all of the required inputs/outputs needed for machine operation from ONE PARALLEL PORT. Upgrade to Digital Torch Height is a plug-in module and custom MACH Screens and software drivers.

TOM CAUDLE
    www.CandCNC.com
    Totally Modular CNC Electronics.

Really, the Rutex THC is just that. It's a stand alone type cpu board that is totally independant to Mach 3 control. You can start and stop in manually by buttons or you can do it by mach 3. My machine is set up with it and runs fine. It does lack a few bells an whistles that other THC controls have.

Go to my website if you care to take a look and download photos and information.

http://www.awningandsheetmetalbr.com...ne%20build.htm

http://www.awningandsheetmetalbr.com...nc%20index.htm

E-mail direct: [email protected] or just reply to thread.

AJ