Hi all,
as a relative newbie to the use of cad cam software I have found the learning curve fairly steep. Being more of a visual learner I began to wonder if there was anything available in the way of video format rather than a book and help files. There is some of this type of thing around but it got me thinking that perhaps with the use of software which can record the screen of a computer and having the ability to record a voice over, some of the more experienced peolpe on this forum might be interested in making some short open source educational avi files of how to use their particular software. This of course would not be a substiute for learning from a book or classroom situation but it would certainly help make the learning curve for inexperienced people shorter and easier. There are of course problems with this, the most obvious being where to store the files which would be quiet large being in video format. It's just an idea but I'd be interested to hear others oppinions on whether it's a viable thing and whether there would be enough interest to make it happen.
Cheers
Splint