585,715 active members*
3,927 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD 2007 Mill and Lathe!

BobCAD 2007 Mill and Lathe!

Yesterday Bobcad called (I had downloaded the demo a couple days earlier) and Sean answered all my questions. When it was all said and done I had purchased the Mill module and the soon to be released lathe module was included for free all for $695!! It should be here by Friday and I can't wait to get it up and running on my machines. Really there is no point to this thread other than I just had to tell somoone and also if your wanting this upgrade it's supposed to be $695 for the mill module all this week, although the lathe program was a yesterday only type of thing, but who knows...

BTW, the lathe program will be out in a couple weeks. All that needs to be finished is the documentation.

nlh

Thanks for the Update on the Lathe Module. I'm sure everyone will have fun with that one too. Predator L3 will too LOL
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

The lathe module is disable in bobcad 2007?

Alan,

The lathe module is a separate program from my understanding. Also it hasn't been released yet but will be in a couple weeks. So when my software comes in it will be the mill program only. When the lathe module is ready and released they will e-mail or call to let me know. At least this is what I was told over the phone.

nlh

NLH,

Call BCC Tech Support to make sure.

Cheers!!!
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Lathe

Lathe is for sale on bobcad site.

Do anyone know if there coming out with a profile cutting

Quote Originally Posted by cnc metalcraft View Post
    Do anyone know if there coming out with a profile cutting
    That is what 2 Axis Lathes do, LOL.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

CnC router ,plasma ,laser ,turret and i know that mill can run then but these kinds of seat come more nesting and punch control heat control that kind of stuff not just rpm control and movement

There will be nesting later.

Labor Day

Labor on Labor Day in the USA the John way.

GBA

Quote Originally Posted by nlh View Post
    Yesterday Bobcad called (I had downloaded the demo a couple days earlier) and Sean answered all my questions. When it was all said and done I had purchased the Mill module and the soon to be released lathe module was included for free all for $695!! It should be here by Friday and I can't wait to get it up and running on my machines. Really there is no point to this thread other than I just had to tell somoone and also if your wanting this upgrade it's supposed to be $695 for the mill module all this week, although the lathe program was a yesterday only type of thing, but who knows...

BTW, the lathe program will be out in a couple weeks. All that needs to be finished is the documentation.

nlh

That's great... maybe for the extra $695 it will be worth a crap.

I bought the $900 version 21 with training CD's, and wasted 60 or more hours with the CD's and still don't have any confidence to make a program with Bobcrap. I'm outsourcing my program writing right now to someone with Surfcam.

The problem I found is the profound lack of good examples of projects in the training CD's.

"Ok... Here's a square... we're going to cut this square."

The program wasn't simple at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Green0 View Post
    That's great... maybe for the extra $695 it will be worth a crap.

I bought the $900 version 21 with training CD's, and wasted 60 or more hours with the CD's and still don't have any confidence to make a program with Bobcrap. I'm outsourcing my program writing right now to someone with Surfcam.

The problem I found is the profound lack of good examples of projects in the training CD's.

"Ok... Here's a square... we're going to cut this square."

The program wasn't simple at all.

You may want to buy 2007 it don't have training CD's.

Have you been on Sorin's sight? (he does training seminars for Bobcad)

He has some FREE practical use videos that would walk you through cutting your first part. The CD's bobad sells are more for software knowledge and not application.

www.cadcamtrainer.com/forums/index.php

ejdfast Guest
    Green0 you should get in touch with Bobcad and ask about training. They have several options and can get very specific.

They will do training for an oscene hourly rate.

They have the training videos also... but they are marginal at best.

Neither option is attractive.