585,959 active members*
4,915 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Amada punch C origin-ls alarm

We occasionally get this alarm while homing the turret. The process of homing the turret seems to involve both homing the auto-index stations and the turret itself.

What happens on the occasion when this alarm appears is that the autoindex station motor keeps turning (at least the degrees display on the screen keep on moving 360 degrees). Sometimes it eventually does get to the right position and everything´s fine, while other times it stops but the T button light blinks instead of being steady. Most of the times it looks like it could go on forever.

Actually, so far it is not really a big issue and 99% of the time a power off followed by a new start fixes the issue, but I would like to know if anyone has any clue of what this refers to and whether I should either try cleaning or changing the C-axis limit switch, wherever that is.

Re: Amada punch C origin-ls alarm

I have had similar issues with Amada turret press. I have found that when turning off the machine at the end of the shift, rotate the turret so a non Auto Index station is under the striker. I don't know what this does but it seems to work.

Re: Amada punch C origin-ls alarm

Sounds logical . Actually at least as of our current setup we have a 30x3 tool in the autoindex station which cuts the perimeter of the parts, so it is usually the last station we use.

I will give your tip a try, thanks.

I am worried there´s something else maybe not quite right (misaligned or dirty limit switch maybe ?) but it is good to know somebody else has got the same symptoms. It might turn out to be something Amada did not solve quite right.

Thanks again and regards.

José