584,812 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Polls > Does the corona epidemic affect your current business operations?

View Poll Results: Does the corona epidemic affect you or your business?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • no effects noticed yet

26 56.52%
  • already a few effects noticed

14 30.43%
  • pretty strong consequences

6 13.04%
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Does the corona epidemic affect your current business operations?

Hi,
    New Zealand goes into a month minimum shutdown of all but essential services as of midnight today.

When you start trying to decide what is an essential service our whole society is interdependent. Who would of thought that
    supermarket workers are essential for instance? But they are....if we want food.....we buy it...and where from?

Craig

Yes and No.

Nothing has changed for us. Business as usual. (We make medical products). However the guitar factory next door: PRS, is shutdown.
    They don’t have the space to distance one employee from another greater than a few feet. If you have any type of gathering where social distancing can’t be achieved... you’ll be shutdown.
    So, we’re in our first day of shutdown in Maryland. Nothing has changed but the topic of conversation and we’ve a nice new cleaning lady that sanitizes where any individual has been and working or incidental contact with surfaces. So... I make a mess and she cleans it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Routerfiend View Post
    Not noticed anything yet but i am sure there will be issues as things progress.

Being in England we only have to have a half inch of snow & my fellow countryman & women clear the supermarket shelves of bread & milk !! So I expect no less from the corona virus panic - demic. The death rate for this virus is actually less than the annual death rate for the normal `flu so unless it mutates or there are those of us that have underlying health issues then it`s no biggy . Is it ?

I reckon there is actually more chance of dying of the hysteria surrounding this virus than the virus itself but then I am not an epidemiologist .
    The infection rate against the death rate is minimal afterall.
    I just recently started my business literally in the fall and I am very panicked. It seems that support for small businesses will be coming now, but I still can’t sleep and eat, I have developed unusual anxiety. How do you fight against it? Does cbd help? I want to start using this, but I don’t know how to dab.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailormoon View Post
    Five days later and already 1,300 cases are confirmed in the US. 127k worlwide. This is indeed alarming, I think. I really hope that at least the speed of spreading the virus can be stopped. And from an economic point of view: I think almost all industry sectors will suffer the consequences (sooner or later). Maybe except of the manufacturers of toilet papers and other hygiene products.
    And now only another two weeks later, we have 85.991 confirmed Covid-19 cases in the USA. Mora than China. Creepy. Hope the health system will manage it and not too many people will lose their jobs.

Corona disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a new virus, i think most of the small and medium size business are most affected from Corona virus. lots of the countries announced lock down, this lock down may affect the MSME sectors.

My business is completely shut down. I build film set scenery and props, we have 2 cncrp machines and a buildyourcnc machine. We have parts for upgrading to a co2 laser and plasma cutter abandoned in my shop. We also have a series of ultimaker 3d printers We just upgraded all our software licenses last year and trained 4 new employees/coworkers. We upgraded to an s30 ATC spindle. Needless to say maybe I expanded to fast last year. I'm currently using up the last of my resources to cut/print covid 19 gear to donate. I had to layoff staff my husband and I are worried. My commercial space is played up until july and luckily some of our setup is at a warner bros studio. We have a fair amount of equipment at our home. We are super worried come july can we pay rent. It's one thing to skimp on maintenance during tough times it's another to loose your equipment and worse case have to abandon as cost of moving is to high. Were exploring ideas for some income during the crisis doing plastic sneeze guards in retail etc.. being self employed puts us in a grey area for accessing relief and small business initiatives are slowest to come in canada but they've asked the small business to do most. Any ideas to retool in a meaningful fashion were open to.

This week we had our first supply chain interruption. We sent parts out for powder coat a couple weeks ago, normally get a 1 week turnaround. We were informed yesterday that they were not going to be able complete the order due to employee absences at their facility. We are scrambling to find an alternative vendor to fill our needs.

We are still shipping product from inventory, but have limited product available. We sell a recreational oriented product. Our sales have dropped slightly, but the product is somewhat seasonal so we can't yet get a handle on the effect of this on our sales for the season.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Hi,
    I think Trump is out of his depth.......he has failed to lead the country and as a consequence many many more people are infected than might
    have been if the Federal government had lead the way.

How is it the the US, the wealthiest and most sophisticated nation on the globe missed the opportunity to minimize the spread of this disease?

The US is leading the 'dumbass' stakes.....for the moment. I suspect within a couple of weeks other nations like India, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh,
    Mexico and Indonesia will overtake the US and then will come a human tragedy that makes Trump's missteps seem as nothing.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    I think Trump is out of his depth.......he has failed to lead the country and as a consequence many many more people are infected than might
    have been if the Federal government had lead the way.

How is it the the US, the wealthiest and most sophisticated nation on the globe missed the opportunity to minimize the spread of this disease?

The US is leading the 'dumbass' stakes.....for the moment. I suspect within a couple of weeks other nations like India, Brazil, Pakistan, Bangladesh,
    Mexico and Indonesia will overtake the US and then will come a human tragedy that makes Trump's missteps seem as nothing.

Craig
    TDS is the real pandemic.
    Best wishes for speedy recovery.

It seems to me that the epidemic has affected everyone and certainly influenced the development of business and created many problems for people, but you need to come up with new methods of business development and work

It is terrible for our small metalcraft shop, we have shutdown for 7 months and just now the business is re-starting at a veri slow pace. Health, Peace and Strenght to ALL People.:cheers:

Of course, it did. I closed my store because of the corona. My store worked for so many years and served a lot of people. Now I have to find another place for my store. By the way, If you are interested, I am working right now on a project helping people looking for spaces to rent, people that are in the same situation as me, and not only. Here is the website: https://osdoro.com.sg/office-space-for-rent/. In case there is something I can help you with, feel free to text me. Have a nice one, guys.

affects a lot

Honestly, I think every domain and industry has been affected by this pandemic. The impact is primarily negative, but industries and particular businesses found a way to profit from this situation, which is normal. However, there is an excellent point for all of us, and the pandemic helped us adapt to a new reality—the ones who couldn't adapt were destroyed and left behind, just like in the evolution theory. However, if you really want to be successful, you need a good marketing strategy, as marketing is crucial nowadays. The article from innovation-park.eu explains that perfectly!

everyone felt the pandemic effect

Page 2 of 2 12