585,712 active members*
4,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

work offsets help

Hey all and thanks in advance for the help. I am trying something new with the waterjet (new to me). We usually just cut out parts and that is the same same. I got a job with alot of flat bar pieces 2 inches wide that need holes drilled in them . I want to do it on the waterjet to save time and alot drill time. my issue is I am unsure how to set up my table and zeros for this to happen. I have what i call a 90 degree fence so parts will start at the same spot. How do i set my zero to make this happen. I am using omax layout to draw the parts and omax make to cut.

Quote Originally Posted by raymond2688 View Post
    Hey all and thanks in advance for the help. I am trying something new with the waterjet (new to me). We usually just cut out parts and that is the same same. I got a job with alot of flat bar pieces 2 inches wide that need holes drilled in them . I want to do it on the waterjet to save time and alot drill time. my issue is I am unsure how to set up my table and zeros for this to happen. I have what i call a 90 degree fence so parts will start at the same spot. How do i set my zero to make this happen. I am using omax layout to draw the parts and omax make to cut.

Hi there.

I would draw my profile complete with the outside and the holes then path. then make a break in the bottom left corner, maybe about 1/4" up and 1/4" to the right then draw a traversed line from the bottom left corner to the first hole lead in. Then delete the two divided parts.
    I could draw up an example and email over if you wish to do this over email. Hope this helps
    Thanks