585,727 active members*
4,030 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Centroid CNC Control Products > Feed hold acting different on 2 nearly identical mills.

Feed hold acting different on 2 nearly identical mills.

We have 2 Atrump E422s with centroid m400 controllers. They should be nearly identical but when we feed hold on one it stops the spindle and on the other it doesn't. I couldn't see anything in the parameters that changes this setting, and i spent all day learning how the plc works to find nothing helpful there either. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks

Re: Feed hold acting different on 2 nearly identical mills.

Can you post Report files from both controls, and tell on which feed hold stops the spindle, and on which it does not?

On most Centroid controls (i.e. all with typical PLC programming), Feed Hold is not supposed to stop the spindle. It is only supposed to stop programmed axis motion.

Re: Feed hold acting different on 2 nearly identical mills.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosajelom View Post
    We have 2 Atrump E422s with centroid m400 controllers. They should be nearly identical but when we feed hold on one it stops the spindle and on the other it doesn't. I couldn't see anything in the parameters that changes this setting, and i spent all day learning how the plc works to find nothing helpful there either. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
    Marc is asking for the reports which have software revision numbers as well as the machines parameters and PLC programming.(F7 Utilities, F7 Create Report)
    At the very least, post screen shots of the software revision numbers. Just press F1 Setup and take pictures of both machines. Supplying the serial numbers from the back of the consoles would be a help as well.

Marty