584,817 active members*
4,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > K2CNC > K2 CNC (maybe KG-3925) not working...

K2 CNC (maybe KG-3925) not working...

Hi guys

I got K2 CNC (I guess it is KG-3925) which is not working.

I tried most of combination for pin# of step and direction for x, y, and z axis.

I also checked servo drives and motors as well and they are fine.

What should I do??

Re: K2 CNC (maybe KG-3925) not working...

I know this is an old post, but I have a KG-3925 so if you're still needing help then let me know a few more details; such as what control software you're running (e.g. Mach), and maybe add a few photos of the control box and wiring configuration.

hi there, I also have a K2 router. Im running servos, Gecko drives G320X, and Mach3. Im having issues setting up and configuring Mach3, especially the ports and pins sections. I currently cant get anything to move. Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm looking for assistance with setting up a KG-3925 I've had for a few years. It was missing the PC so I connected an old XO machine with a parallel port. Please reach out to me if you are free to help!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin1979 View Post
    I'm looking for assistance with setting up a KG-3925 I've had for a few years. It was missing the PC so I connected an old XO machine with a parallel port. Please reach out to me if you are free to help!
    What control software are you using on the PC? I have Mach 3, so I could post what settings I'm using; though I assume that as most of it is going to be about the parallel port pin configuration the info would be applicable to other control software.

Quote Originally Posted by sploo View Post
    What control software are you using on the PC? I have Mach 3, so I could post what settings I'm using; though I assume that as most of it is going to be about the parallel port pin configuration the info would be applicable to other control software.
    Mach3 on an XP machine with parallel port. Attached a couple of pics. Using the original controller.

That looks to be the version of the control box that was a bit after (newer) than mine, but I'm assuming the internals are the same. It looks as though you have the same servo motors (as least, based on what I could make out from the second photo).

Attached are a bunch of screenshots from what I believe to be the important settings from my Mach configuration. Note that it's set up in metric rather than imperial.

I have the A (rotary) axis enabled as I had been experimenting adding a fourth axis, but if you don't have that disable it on the Motor Outputs tab.

The Input Signals screen shot is a composite; containing all the lines I currently have enabled.

I haven't included the Y axis motor tuning page, as it's the same as the X axis. I believe that the "Steps per" unit is the steps per (in my case) mm; so if you changed to inch I assume it'd need to change to 10160 (with velocity and acceleration dropping by a factor of 25.4).

I have the machine configured such that when I'm standing to the side (with the gantry on the left), X is the long axis (+ve travelling right), Y is the short axis (+ve moving away from me), and Z is the vertical axis (+ve up).

And finally here's a zip file containing an XML config file for Mach 3. In theory, you should just be able to start Mach using this file and get all the settings I've shown in the screen shots.

It works for me, but obviously all usual disclaimers apply about getting things from unknown idiots on the Internet