585,744 active members*
4,470 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Smile Bragging on Automation Technologies

I've been running my new KL-1313 for a couple of months now...and it is flawless! John and his crew were very patient with me as we got the machine setup and running. MACH3 presented a few hurdles, but they worked out just fine. Just thought I would pass along the good experience I have had with them and the machines they sell.

John P. DeVere (Gonzo318)
    Oklahoma City

Re: Bragging on Automation Technologies

It will be 10 years ago come December that I purchased my first 3 axis setup from them (Then Keling) and its still running to this day.
    I'm currently adding a slave and 4th axis to that setup.

I bought a second setup 4 years ago (uhg, time flies!) But have yet to get it hooked up... Hope it works cuz its now out of warranty! LOL
    Life sure gets in the way sometimes huh?!

I also started out with Mach3. My original computer worked great, but it died, and I could not get a reliable parallel port since.
    - Lost steps due to coms errors through the port. (Two different mother boards, and 3 add in PP cards later!) I gave up.

I switched to UCCNC and haven't had a lost step since.

Good luck with the setup!

Got some pics your willing to share?
    My Build: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/diy-cnc_router_table_machines/113711-my_build_-_many_thanks.html

Re: Bragging on Automation Technologies

Quote Originally Posted by Mogal View Post
    It will be 10 years ago come December that I purchased my first 3 axis setup from them (Then Keling) and its still running to this day.
    I'm currently adding a slave and 4th axis to that setup.

I bought a second setup 4 years ago (uhg, time flies!) But have yet to get it hooked up... Hope it works cuz its now out of warranty! LOL
    Life sure gets in the way sometimes huh?!

I also started out with Mach3. My original computer worked great, but it died, and I could not get a reliable parallel port since.
    - Lost steps due to coms errors through the port. (Two different mother boards, and 3 add in PP cards later!) I gave up.

I switched to UCCNC and haven't had a lost step since.

Good luck with the setup!

Got some pics your willing to share?
    Hello.

Just one comment for whatever value it may have.

Newer motherboards, in fact the LPT ports, don´t have the current capacity they used to have. As technology changed from TTL to LSTTL to CMOS the current requirements have diminished accordingly.

In my case I use a small card using a ULN2803 to boost the current capacity of the LPT port. That card gets its power from the PC power supply. The picture shows that card.

I also use to my advantage the 5 input bits of the LPT port as input signals and in some rare ocassions the 4 remaining output bits to drive a 4 bit wired DAC to control a VFD running the tool of my machines (in my case the tool is generally a sewing machine or a group of needles).

I hope this helps you somehow.

Regards.