584,842 active members*
4,161 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Okuma VMC

Okuma VMC

Dear Experts

We have Okuma VMCs of Models MB56VBR;MA650-VBR;MILLAC 4VA
    Request to share signal details or addresses to check issues related to Cycle Start, Feedhold etc
    Additionally if other technical/maintenance details may also please be shared

Regards

Re: Okuma VMC

hy, pls check attached osp300pdf's, about using "osp io monitor.exe" ( located on right toolbar ) :
    ... VIRD[1210]=1 means door is close
    ... VORD[16]=1 means that machine is in lock mode
    * examples are for lathes, but mills share same osp, so there are similarities

different machines have different signal maps

you can check status for single block, block skip, override value ( for example you can check if override is between 80 and 120% ), monitoring, coolant, etc / kindly

ps : if you wish to see what others have done, then search for vird & vord on the forum; i believe that maybe also vdin & vdout can be used, but i don't have experience with those
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg

Thank you so much, shall check in the machine once we resume

Thanks for sharing pdf
    Today we could correlate few points out of the pdf
    Request your suggestion for the following as we are just not familiar with OKUMA CNC and PLC :

1. Error 4717 alarm D Door condition unusual 1 in Okuma OSP P200MR with D300 win MA2 013A PLC
    Help screen indicates
    ATC = Magazine Door
    ATC1 = 1st Magazine Door
    ATC2 = 2nd Magazine Door
    ATC3 = 3rd Magazine Door
    ATC4 = 4th Magazine Door
    APC = APC setup door
    Door = Operation door

Pl revert if all 7 signals mentioned above are ANDed in PLC and error comes if any of the 7 signals go low - if yes, please let us know how to search these addresses related to Door under I/O monitor as Label to search is unclear
    Output QX0534.1 under PLC monitor is off ie 0
    Can u please tell on how to check condtionons to satisy this output QX0534.1 under PLC Monitor

We are finding Libraries, data type, logical POUsand physical hardware on left hand side

2. Also if u can please explain meaning and usage of Change mode PLC control mode, spec mode, PLC spec mode etc under Display change

Warm Regards

H Rishikesh
    Please attach a photo of the screen with an error.
    And I will try to explain to you

Thanks for your response
    Two inputs viz Front door lock &operator door close were not coming together hence output for front door close was not getting ON, we could resolve the issue
    If u can please respond to other queries mentioned above
    Regards

I can assume that this is an operator door error
    1. Error 4717 alarm D Door condition unusual 1
    An electromagnet is installed in the lock and there is no confirmation of its unlocking
    iFDCL-Door Close confirm
    iDRRP-Door Lock Pin ON Confirm
    You can watch them relays in the POS unit usually fail
    Provided that you have checked and adjusted the operator door locks

hy rishikesh

how to check condtionons to satisy this output QX0534.1
    try "IF [ VORD [ 0221 ] EQ 1 ] "

how to search these addresses related to Door under I/O monitor as Label to search is unclear
    look not only at "label" but also at "comment"; you have to check each item, since is not possible to search in all fields at once ( at least i could not do it )

if you get tired of this method, then you may check all displayed items at once, by opening/closing the door from the panel, and looking at the screen, so to find which item is changing color : so you have to toogle the signal, and look at the item that is flasing on screen; this method allows to check 15-20 items at once

searching may take a while ... be patient, search only 5minutes each day, etc try asking your okuma dealer about those, maybe you are lucky

meaning and usage of Change mode PLC
    enabling/disabling acces to the possibility of forcing signals and/or using a mask
    ... if it is disabled, then you can only check the values
    ... if it is enabled, then you can also change the values, and use a mask to force permanent signal states ( for example to have a faulty equipment to output an "ok" signal, so you could continue machining until service team will arrive )

in most cases, it is enabled when new hardware is installed, or when cnc is delivered, or during remote service sessions, etc

spec mode, PLC spec mode
    i have also seen those areas(like a highlighted matrix), but so far i have never needed to change something there

i guess that is like a map that shares same info like the management data card

Front door lock &operator door close were not coming together hence output for front door close was not getting ON, we could resolve the issue
    please, if i may, how did you fixed it ?

i have seen big doors erroring out during machining ... too heavy for the small locks / kindly

Thanks you for your response
    In another similar machine, we found inputs for Front door lock and operator door close were coming together but not in this one, hence adjusted switch a little then started getting both inputs hence with M32, output got on
    We feel all 7 inputs of various doors are ANDed in logic then please let me know how u thought it to be only due to operator door?
    We tried to reach out to local Okuma but to no avail, hence took about 4 hours to fix this issue
    Thank you once again

Thanks you for your detailed response
    In another similar machine, we found inputs for Front door lock and operator door close were coming together but not in this one, hence adjusted switch a little then started getting both inputs hence with M32, output got on
    We feel all 7 inputs of various doors are ANDed in logic - whether our understanding is right?
    We tried to reach out to local Okuma but to no avail, hence took about 4 hours to fix this issue
    As informed u earlier, we dont have any prior knowledge on Okuma, although we have worked in Fanuc and Siemens hence sorry for asking u very basic things as below :

1. "IF [ VORD [ 0221 ] EQ 1 ] - where to type this IF statement and what is the meaning of this IF statement to understand correlation with output QX0534.1

hello, i suppose that the safeties has to be ANDed ... not my area

maybe you should look for a screen, that may show status for all required signals : for example, for a parts-cather ( on a lathe ), there is a screen that allows to manually advance/retract it, and also shows the signal state; like this, for example, if you advance it, then also the "advance" sign has to ligth up, otherwise something is not confirming ... because all required signals status is displayed, then should be easy to spot the problem

i can not share this screen, because i don't have acces to a vmc+auto-doors, but should look like attached 01

sergeyrussa shared those iFDCL and iDRRP; i really have no clue from where he has those, but i also searched them, and i found attached 02; pls find also attached pdf file, about automatic-doors

"IF [ VORD [ 221 ] EQ 1 ] - where to type this IF statement and what is the meaning of this IF statement to understand correlation with output QX0534.1
    i guess you wish to hunt for all critical signals, and check them by using vird and vord : i shared, in image 2, the arguments for those functions

for example, next code checks if operation door is open;
    you can put it at the begining of the program / kindly

Code:
        IF [ VORD [ 0221 ] EQ 1 ]  NJUMP
              M0 ( check the door )
        NJUMP

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 01.png