584,798 active members*
4,160 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Milltronics connection to computer.

How do you connect a Milltronics Parter IV with Century IV controller to a computer? After installing a serial port card, and wiring 2 to 3 and 3 to 2, and ground to ground. Set port to 600 baud, 7, even, stop bits 2, parity none. What now?

What software are you using to send and receive programs with. Settng up the software would be the next step in setting up communications between your machine and the computer.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnigh View Post
    How do you connect a Milltronics Parter IV with Century IV controller to a computer? After installing a serial port card, and wiring 2 to 3 and 3 to 2, and ground to ground. Set port to 600 baud, 7, even, stop bits 2, parity none. What now?
    600 Baud will work, but sounds slow, especially if you will transferring big files. I have a Centurion V and I use 9600 Baud and have never had a problem.

What Operating System is your computer using?

John

Windows 95. Hyperterminal. 1200 doesn't work either. Century IV can't go to 9600. I need to test my serial port. How?

Serial port test

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Midnigh View Post
    Windows 95. Hyperterminal. 1200 doesn't work either. Century IV can't go to 9600. I need to test my serial port. How?
    I guess the simplest place to start is to verify that your terminal program is sending and receiving data.

To do this, connect terminals 2 and 3 together on the DB-25 connector side of your cable. This will loop the PC output to the PC input. If you type on the keyboard you should see your characters echoed. If that works, your cable is probably good as well as the pc's serial port.

If that works, I'd connect the machine back in and have it list a program out to the serial port and see if you get anything on the screen.

John