585,948 active members*
3,667 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Help Please - Cincinnati Dart Error

Help Please - Cincinnati Dart Error

Hi all, hoping someone can help please..

Our machine has been working fine for a few days but on Wednesday the fault "Z Axis : Softthermal (OVC)" appeared.causing the machine to stop.
    We had to turn the machine off at the isolator in order to fire it back up but when trying to reference the Z Axis it keeps happening.
    We have been told that the brake is not dis-engaging when it should and is an electrical fault, maybe a relay but we don't have the wiring diagrams for the engineer to fix. (He seems to think its a 5 minute fix with them).
    My question is has anyone had this fault before and if so how did you fix it and also does anyone know where i can get the electrical diagrams for our machine;

Cincinnati Dart Plus
    Serial No. 7054-F00-KT0245
    Elec No. - 91203687A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cincinnati Machine.jpg  

Re: Help Please - Cincinnati Dart Error

What color are the axis drives in the back magnetic panel?

MIKE CNC Machine Services INC | Cincinnati Milacron MachinesCNC Machine Services

Considering it's a Fanuc alarm, seems likely he would have Fanuc drives, but not all that relevant to his question.

The Z axis brake circuit was handled differently on various machines, but was typically a CNC output to a bridge rectifier. The output from the rectifier would be fused and go through a couple relays to confirm the drives were up before the brake released.

I've seen the brake mechanically fail, the coil burn out, the rectifier fail, the output board fail and the relays fail. Prints will make this easier, but anyone that works on machines regularly should be able to figure the circuit out easily.

You can still buy prints from Cincinnati (Fives), so would be your best bet to contact them to get the prints. If it was retrofit (Fanuc wasn't common on Cincinnati's) the original prints obviously won't match the machine anymore.

IanHas2,
    Fives-MSI Cincinnati can sell you the prints (40 pages) and email them to you. For the Control Diagrams we charge $200 USD
    Call us 800-934-0475 Cincinnati&Repair Prompts; or Direct at 859-534-4750 ask for Parts, Repair, or Technical Support.
    Greg ([email protected]) Hebron, KY USA (EST)

Ive had the same problem on arrow 750
    The brake in the z axis motor had failed (coil burnt out) test windings with meter
    Because the motor is expensive I bought a cheap motor and took the brake out and fitted it in my motor