585,779 active members*
4,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Super NTJ LATHE Variable programming

Hi Guys

I am working on new Super NTJ NAKAMURA LATHE FANUC 18i-T WITH MACRO B OPTION. This machine has live tooling Y axis and B axis at top turret. So this machine has top and bottom side WE have to make two programs one for upper turret and one for bottom turret. This machine can do 4 axis machining ALL kind of milling . Now my problem is that i can not send variable or parameter from one side to the other side, there is like no communication between both sides I can use wait codes but if i am running one side of machine does not read wait codes. So if you guys used something like this or any idea pls if let me know
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Quote Originally Posted by mike9696 View Post
    Hi Guys

I am working on new Super NTJ NAKAMURA LATHE FANUC 18i-T WITH MACRO B OPTION. This machine has live tooling Y axis and B axis at top turret. So this machine has top and bottom side WE have to make two programs one for upper turret and one for bottom turret. This machine can do 4 axis machining ALL kind of milling . Now my problem is that i can not send variable or parameter from one side to the other side, there is like no communication between both sides I can use wait codes but if i am running one side of machine does not read wait codes. So if you guys used something like this or any idea pls if let me know
    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

What exsactly are you trying to do, As far as I know even thouigh you have twin turrets you should only have 1 file for varible date. Is this true? If so you can send and storeinfo from each operation in varible data.
    Fill me in on what it is you would like to do. One good test would be to go into each program and add this line of code. Top Turret ad #500=1 and to the bottom turret add #501=1 then after you run the programs for boith turrets see if 500 =1 and 501 =1 if so then both turrets are using the same varible files. It has been a long time since I have prgoramed multy spindle lathes and I can not remember if they have only 1 control with 2 levels or if they use 2 seperate controls
    Also send me a private message and fill me in on what it is yiu are trying to acually do

Bluesman

Red face variable

Bluesman

I am trying to pass variable from one side to the other side, or anything else i can use to transfer info. but , i can not use wait codes. I need better control of all the axis, without global parameters i am kind of stuck. that machine has two different variable files. Say for ex. if i put #500=1 in left side of the machine then it reads only in left side of #500 variable AND Right side of machine still reads #500=0 . that was the first thing i tried. I use siemens multi axis machines piece of cake.
    Thank you for your reply

Just curious... why can't you use wait codes?

wait codes

i can't use wait codes because if you running only side of machine does not read wait codes and other thing is i can not pass any kind of info with wait codes . say if i am doing setup right side and if i or somebody else forgets to put M0 or M1 before transfer program machine does not know where left side of turret is or part catcher is , machine just gonna go to left spindle. so that is why i looking for somekind of variable to pass the info from one side to other side.

THier is a parameter that can be set to share variables. For example you put "10" in the parameter(sorry dont recall which one) and then #500-#509 will be common to both turrets. Look thru the fanuc manuals and you will find it.

I think another parameter acts the same way except for #100 and up.

Parameters 6036 and 6037. Set them to 10, and #100 to #109 and #500 to #509 are shared between the paths (the remaining variables are still independent). But BE CAREFUL!!!!! Nakamura may have some of them dedicated and if you change them, you may create a bigger problem than the one you're trying to solve.

Dcouper is right. It is a parameter that deciedes if variables are shared between paths.

Yep Dcouper is the man. thank you bud. I went to work this morning and
    changed the both parameters to 10 now i have #100 to #109 and #500 to #509 variables. THAT gonna make my life little bit easier.
    Keep up the good work