585,902 active members*
5,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking > MetalWork Discussion > Fagor 8025 TG Accuslide Z axis trouble

Fagor 8025 TG Accuslide Z axis trouble

I just fired up my mid 90's Accuslide retrofit Hardinge with Fagor 8025TG controller for the first time in almost a year. I tried running a known program with no stock just to get familiar with the machine again and kept getting an Error 70 which is X axis follow error. Then I was just moving the tool table around and getting Error 70 and Error 72 which is Z axis follow error.

A little history:
    The last time I was running the machine I was trying to turn small rectangular stock. The stock bent at the collet and swung around for a small collision with the tool. I really did not think much of it at the time except that was going to be the last time I try and turn anything other than round stock.

I also noticed that all of my tool offset were off but that is normal after a collision.
    I think that I posted this in the wrong section last night. I think I might get a better response here. Sorry for the duplicate post.

I took off the way protectors and cleaned out the metal chips that I found thinking that there might be an obstruction. The good news is that worked to some degree. I am rarely getting the errors now but after setting all of my tool offsets again and running a new program that I wrote the Z axis seems to stop .0004 short of the designated location and the machine just pauses. All I have to do is gently tap the tool table in the -Z direction with my hand and it completes the procedure and moves on to the next block. It only pauses like that once every 2-3 parts but I really do not want to stand next to the machine and tap it every two minutes.

Has anyone ever had a similar situation? I would love to find a solution if there is a tech out there who knows what is happening.

Thanks,
    Marc

I got the answer

I placed a call to CNC Save because they carry Accuslide parts and Mike there had a tech call me back within the hour. Paul, the tech, asked me a few quick questions and then told me that I needed to adjust the balance of the Z axis. He even told me exactly where to go, what to look for and how to do it. I went to the shop ran the machine until it paused, pressed stop, pressed f3 to view the Z follow, opened the back of the CNC panel, turned the balance screw to zero the Z axis and it was done. Only took about 5 minutes. I am so damn happy right now because I am home eating dinner with my family and the lathe is running unattended making chips. Life is good again. I can assure you that I will be using CNC Save again and again for my Accuslide needs.

Marc