585,575 active members*
4,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > Doosan Puma 3100LY program automatic tool presetter

Doosan Puma 3100LY program automatic tool presetter

Hello.
    I wounder if somebody can help me to get this macro woorking.
    I try to make a program to measure all the tools on the tool presetter. I made this macro that i attached the program at the end of the post. This now works with M110. The program and measuring runs just fine, but the values from the presetter does not appear in the tool offset table.
    When i use the presetter i manual mode it works as i should.
    I hope some of you can help me.

#1 =#4014
    G58
    G28 U0
    G0 T#20
    M77
    G0 Z495
    G0 X180
    G36 U-12
    G0 U12
    G0 Z509
    G0 X155
    G37 W-11
    G0 W11
    G28U0
    M76
    M99

I am pretty sure this is a bad idea.

Imma say... don’t do it.

Re: Doosan Puma 3100LY program automatic tool presetter

Hi.

We are using this now, but it only measure the wear on the tools. I want it to measure the actual position of the tool. We are running 30.000 parts and we use sister tooling.

I see with my ears.
    I keep a tool log, with notes of why it needed turning or changed.
    Also a note of how many parts it cut to forecast the next change.
    *Keep a offset log. This will tell you the correction needed to return to new tool numbers... or take a photo of the offsets after the machine has been tuned to spec parts... normally happens just after setup.
    *Make certain you’ve got the best coolant possible for each tool.
    This will save $$$$ and down time.
    This works well for insert tools.
    But
    Twist drills, boring bars, reamers...etc.
    might wanna make notes on the “stick out” for each, when new.
    This will make for a quick change and quick tune.

*You might get 1,600 cuts on one tool and more than 4,000 on a completely different tool in the program. There’s a ratio of fail to the amount of material cut and seen in exposure to material that plays into early fail. Know that, and you’ll know what to listen for even when you are not listening.
    Each part run deserves notes, and look to them when you run the part
    again in the future.

Stupid notes are fine:
    Stun gun short blast, then two long blasts = tool 3
    Far away coach whistle = tool 1
    Old Sliding Glass door = tool 11
    (Any one of those sounds missing or doesn’t sound right... I am all over it.)

The 3100 is a beautiful machine. Treat it respectfully.
    I’ve no experience in practice of what you are doing.
    I understand it, yet I have been told “low tech” is high tech, for some processes.
    Tool wear and tracking it, reveals too many variables that are out of your control. Example: Bad sleeve of cutting inserts.
    It’s rare, but it happens.
    What value is that information? Especially if you are projecting costs associated with a part run, you’ll be doing again next year.
    “Tool Change and Offset logs” reveal things within your control that reflects on Operator practices and their individual attention to detail with regard to maintaining the machine, how they interact with the part and observed coolant applied to the material and cutting tool.
    At the end of the day, the only thing important to me is... is that tool still good and when do I expect it to fail. (How and what can I do to increase the tool life?).
    If you have a sharp operator... the operator should be able to tell you about a particular tool based on the measuring of the parts.
    I train my folks to write by their own hand, on their print copy... exactly what tool or tools are creating that measurement.
    Rather than bringing me a part “Hey... this doesn’t look right”.

Just my thoughts

I actually do not understand the question of “I want to know where the tool is.” Perhaps enhance the context of the question.
    Otherwise “Actual Position” is easily found either through the soft keys, ABS or ALL. It’s always there.

G54 is where it starts.

Hello.

Thank you for the answers.

My English writing is not the best, so i will try to explain it better.
    We are monitoring tool life for the best economic production.
    We have 5 doosan machines and 10 operators that runs theese machines. We run serial production on all of them.
    What we would like is that the operator can measure a tool when changing a toolholder, just by write (Example T0202 M110 in mdi mode)
    I have made the macro for this, and it is woorking. But the we want this to woork the way it woorks when we are measuring the tool by using the handweel in manual mode. Now this macro just write numbers in on the wear offset table. We would like it to correct the actual tool length in the tool table.
    I hope you understood this better.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello.

Thank you for the answers.

My English writing is not the best, so i will try to explain it better.
    We are monitoring tool life for the best economic production.
    We have 5 doosan machines and 10 operators that runs theese machines. We run serial production on all of them.
    What we would like is that the operator can measure a tool when changing a toolholder, just by write (Example T0202 M110 in mdi mode)
    I have made the macro for this, and it is woorking. But the we want this to woork the way it woorks when we are measuring the tool by using the handweel in manual mode. Now this macro just write numbers in on the wear offset table. We would like it to correct the actual tool length in the tool table.
    I hope you understood this better.