585,768 active members*
4,142 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TorqCut 22 Transmission

Has anyone got an exploded diagram of the TC22 Transmission or an overhaul/maintenance guide? i have all the regular service manuals, but this seems to be missing from the Bridgeport documentation.

I'm in the process of taking the thing apart to rebuild it so if anyone has some tips/guidance it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ash

Re: TorqCut 22 Transmission

Honestly from what i have heard and seen taking apart the VMC transmissions is not a task for the weak hearted and apparently there is less then 10 people who can take it apart and successfully rebuild it. Same thing goes for the spindle motor. https://bptparts.com/products/1162-5...d136b1ee&_ss=r

If it's holding oil I wouldn't be to eager to tear into it. The Rotac cylinder however, can be rebuilt with a seal kit which will improve high/low shifting. I think they run about 75 bucks. In practice, I've found that the shifting is most reliable when you've got 20 or 30 minutes of time to warm up on cold days when the shop dips below 60 or so. I'm going to warn you that these things are quite shrill when screaming along near the top end 6000 RPM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmullett View Post
    If it's holding oil I wouldn't be to eager to tear into it. The Rotac cylinder however, can be rebuilt with a seal kit which will improve high/low shifting. I think they run about 75 bucks. In practice, I've found that the shifting is most reliable when you've got 20 or 30 minutes of time to warm up on cold days when the shop dips below 60 or so. I'm going to warn you that these things are quite shrill when screaming along near the top end 6000 RPM.
    its not holding oil, i have rebuilt the rotac. transmission is gutted and spread across the bench now :-)