584,833 active members*
5,660 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

ANILAM UPGRADE

I have an Anilam 3000M controller and it has been giving me some issues so I think it time to upgrade. While I have found a bunch of write up on all the combos I could use, I am not that familiar with all the terminology and what exactly replaces what on the console.
    I know I dont have a ton of money to go out and buy centroid replacement, nor would I want to just because of the usage it will recieve, might not be much. Anyway I would say I have about $2000 to play with. I would like to be able to control the machine from my computer. I run a Shop Sabre CNC Plasma table with a WinCNC controller. I do most of my design in Enroute but I also play around with Aspire so I would be generating my tool paths in these programs.
    I just want someone to tell me exactly what I need to upgrade this old Anilam console. I would like to keep all of my servo motors and electrical cabinet as there is nothing wrong with them I know it currently reads code in conversational format. Ive read that I may need to change some things so my sevo motors read step and direct instead of analog, again Im fairly new to alot of this on the cnc mill and so guidance would be awesome.
    Mill is an Acer E-Mill fyi. 3 Axis
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4384.jpg   IMG_4385.jpg   IMG_4387.jpg   IMG_4388.jpg  

Re: ANILAM UPGRADE

One inexpensive option that would allow you to retain your analog drives, motors, power supplies, and scales/encoders would be LinuxCNC

Hi, can I ask what trouble you are having with the anilam control?

Hi Kylizer, I have a 3000M also, and just upgraded, however not the way you did. I just added a 4th axis to it and got it running this week. I also know how you can get yours fixed, likely for cheap. what failure have you seen?

Well Im just now getting back to this. I realize its a little far gone now but what the linux system huh? I not to familiar with it. How should i go about finding out what I need to know?

Thanks for the reply. Should I just call them you think?