3,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

PathPilot 2.4.3 release

RELEASE NOTES FOR PATHPILOT V2.4.3
    March 2020
    ENHANCEMENTS
    All
    l We reorganized the options for set start line on the G-Code tab. The most commonly used option is now listed first. (PP-2820)
    FIXED ISSUES
    All
    l We fixed issues where:
    o In the G-Code tab, files with an M30 command included at the end of the program didn't automatically scroll back to the first line. (PP-2830)
    o Selecting either Stop or Reset didn't affect the playback of videos in an M01 comment. (PP-2819)
    o In some situations, selecting Set start line (no preparation) from the G-Code tab could have applied incorrect tool offsets. (PP-2813)
    o Creating a G-code file from a .dxf file added tool changes after M03 and M08 commands rather than before. (PP-2811)
    Mills
    l We fixed issues where:
    o G84 tapping cycles occasionally stalled after the spindle reversed directions. (PP-2818)
    o When using the Spindle Override slider, the RPM DRO field sometimes displayed a value higher than the machine's maximum rpm. (PP2808)

Re: PathPilot 2.4.3 release

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    RELEASE NOTES FOR PATHPILOT V2.4.3

l We fixed issues where:
    o In the G-Code tab, files with an M30 command included at the end of the program didn't automatically scroll back to the first line. (PP-2830)
    I was seeing similar issues, but not clear what was causing it. I just ignored what it was doing and touched program reset button when I didn't see what I wanted in code window.

I installed 2.4.3, it still has the probe trip error which means the machine will stop during a program run, a fix for it is noise suppressors I have been told, but I havent installed them yet.
    The other issue is my "ninjaknobs" doesnt work with it.

I am wondering if the new controller with the knobs on the panel for the M machines will work with the series 3 machines?
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I was seeing similar issues, but not clear what was causing it. I just ignored what it was doing and touched program reset button when I didn't see what I wanted in code window.
    I paid more attention when operating pp and I was amazed the program now follows my code and allows me to stop at certain points. Set new offsets and restart without having to search for that point and set it as I have done for years. Now the last line executed stays in view, very nice for my prototype workflow. I wanted this behavior from pp version 1.

The "probe trip error" can't really be fixed in software -- if your probe is noisy, you need to fix it in hardware.
    FWIW, I'm using an Impact Tolerant Touch Probe and I've never had a false trip.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    The "probe trip error" can't really be fixed in software -- if your probe is noisy, you need to fix it in hardware.
    FWIW, I'm using an Impact Tolerant Touch Probe and I've never had a false trip.

Thanks for the reply,

The problem I have is that I dont leave it plugged in, I store it in a rack on the other side of the machine. I made a shorting plug which I have to insert when the probe is disconnected, without it the error is immediate. The error will show up even with the shorting plug during a mid program run (machine stops), Tormach tells me that is probably noise causing this.
    I use a Renishaw MP3 probe with a MI 8 interface, so this could be the cause as well.
    I never had the problem with the older software so I may just revert back to that.
    mike sr

Quote Originally Posted by mountaindew View Post
    I paid more attention when operating pp and I was amazed the program now follows my code and allows me to stop at certain points. Set new offsets and restart without having to search for that point and set it as I have done for years. Now the last line executed stays in view, very nice for my prototype workflow. I wanted this behavior from pp version 1.
    After more time spent in front of control, I find the new run from here behavior to be one of best update /change in path pilot for me ever!
    Now its far more useful to include setup picture links in code. When program reaches that point a clip pops up on screen. Then you can change the part setup as shown in clip, then change the offsets as required by program and then continue all without dozens of clicks and searches for the point you left off. Now I can go thru a program with less or no need to double check if I'm set in the right place, offset, and operation because the code display was always resetting or jumping around.

Programs like this with operations on different sides are now easy to perform at mill with a setup picture that pops up for each change or offset.

Attachment 439192

Attachment 439194

Quote Originally Posted by popspipes View Post
    I installed 2.4.3, it still has the probe trip error which means the machine will stop during a program run, a fix for it is noise suppressors I have been told, but I havent installed them yet.
    The other issue is my "ninjaknobs" doesnt work with it.

I am wondering if the new controller with the knobs on the panel for the M machines will work with the series 3 machines?
    Mike, I was ready to upgrade b/c my current version of PP won't execute G01 in MDI or under program control. But I'm concerned that your Ninja problem will also be present with my Millfast accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    Mike, I was ready to upgrade b/c my current version of PP won't execute G01 in MDI or under program control. But I'm concerned that your Ninja problem will also be present with my Millfast accessories.
    I see now there is a separate thread for the G01 issue. I'll post there.

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    The Millfast works fine with the latest PP. My Millfast product is the one with Go, Pause, Stop, Coolant, and E-Stop. It has become my security blanket. I've even named it "Linus."

Accessories such as the Millfast unit act exactly like a keyboard so if typing shortcuts works in PP the accessory will also. If you are interested in more details, see my article in Digital Machinist Magazine (Vol. 13 No. 1 Spring 2018). The article describes how things work and includes Arduino source code so that you can make your own for a few dollars.

I built my own go/pause/stop remote control in a little box.
    I based it on the Teensy USB microcontroller.

Here's the source code:
    https://github.com/jwatte/teensy_lc_mill_air_control

Here's a picture:

(the blue/black buttons control air blast, which I didn't wire up to the PathPilot)

If using an Arduino any 32u4 board such as Leonardo, LilyPad or Micro should work. I used a Arduino Micro from China that cost a couple of dollars. The housing is a PVC electrical box from Home Depot. Buttons give Cycle Start, Pause, Reset.