584,805 active members*
4,854 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Dyna Mechtronics > Mitsubishi Meldas M3/L3 system parameter entry
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Mitsubishi Meldas M3/L3 system parameter entry

If you register for the MEAU website, you can download a plethora of information. Inside that, you'll find how to access the user and machine parameters. Unfortunately, Mitsubishi restricts information on the System parameters. You won't find how to access it inside their manuals because this is where you can do things like adding an extra axis, turn on contouring, etc. Many of these things are features that I believe Mitsubishi may indirectly (or possibly directly) sells through the integrator. Don't quote me on that... All I know is that the won't help you at all with true system level parameters. However, I know that on the M3 controls the dump is "in the clear" so you could modify the params, if you know what the values should be (again, nothing is documented there).

I could help you with an M3, but the M64 has a different password to get into the System area. I don't know what that is... Sorry.

Thanks for quick response!
    I've already sifted through manuals for my control, indeed no related info there. I've also looked at parameters dump (ALL1 in my case), but without documentation or at least another dump from a different machine to compare with there's nothing I can do with it.
    I will try to get into that system menu the way you described (that'd be great if it works) and update the thread on any success.
    BTW, is PLC-I/F 300th field (that's used to access system parameters on M3 per this thread) named/labelled somehow? Maybe I can look for the same name or at least something similar.

I *vaguely* recall reading some other PLC field/value combination that would work on other systems. It struck me with a "damn.... Mitsu was being predictively sneaky and they changed the method," but I don't recall the series, where I saw the information, or the data one entered. I would dearly love to catalog any of that information if you run across it.

To answer your question.... No, the 300th field is not really brought forth as being interesting in any manner, shape, or form. I would not expect that to be the case anyhow, though, because clearly they were trying to be sneaky. The pisser with all of this type of approach is that eventually companies stop supporting their products yet they widely exist still in industry. The net result is that all those owners have instant lemons. It is one of the reasons I've spent a LOT of time figuring out how to repair the M3 control and discovering other quirks. But that only helps the M3 crowd... sort of. The reality is that a lot of things are transferrable to later systems. I'm constantly surprised at how much evolution there has been in the Mitsu line, not just complete redesign. It is clear that a lot of their work is based on older designs.

Mitsubishi m64 all3 backup proseec

dynoman8618 did you get this figured out? If not, I know how to turn on the Type II offsets now. Let me know if you still need that info

So I have a Mitsubishi M-TC8B lathe. You would think calling MEAU would get you to someone who can actually help with the actual machine but its hit/miss. I have talked to techs who say yes we have that machine registered and others who
    say then dont support any machine its a different part of Mitsubishi but they dont seem to know where.

This machine has a 14" color 325lg-v and attempting to backup ALL1/2/3 results in PLC running error. But there is no rotary switch like the 300. It appears to have lost its ladder as well.

The point being we are sort of on our own with these older Meldas controls it seems.

I would be nice if there was a single place we could go to combine resources and knowledge.

Page 2 of 2 12