Hello,

I had an IKEA LED lamp lying around and I decided to make a lamp for my Optimum MH25 mill.

While others have also used this lamp for their machines, I decided to take a slightly different route. Might have been done before and in this case I am sorry for not presenting something new.

Anyhow, here it goes:

I decided the original lamp snake-type arm was not rigid enough and the lamp could not hold the position right. So I used just the head and re-purposed the mill's original plastic bracket used to hold the protection screen.

The lamp head is shaped like a pear and fits nicely in the bracket opening allowing it to swivel so the light can be directed towards the cutting tool.

The lamp arm is screwed and glued into the head. Can be removed only after heating the head with a torch. After that the head neck was removed on the mill to allow for a wider swivel angle.

A spring will be installed between the lamp head and a custom made end-cap. The lamp head is held in place under spring tension.

This is how far I got with this little project. Mock-up assembly shows good results and I must proceed to the final assembly in the next days.

I just need to get a spring and a small ON/OFF switch.