Hello group,

I'd be surprised if this has not already been posted and if so apologize.

By now it is all over the news that there is an immediate shortage of ventilators and an immediate need for services manufacturing them. Watching the news I saw the Governor of New York make a press relief there is immediate funds for making ventilators (top of the list) as well as other items (not related specifically to machining).

Since there will be parts needed to be sourced out likely I'd like to start a forum for folks who would be willing to help in the war on the virus and likely get paid for doing it. I know that this might be a topic for commercial services but feel this is a better place to start (and hopefully leave the main topic) at. If we have need for specific parts we can always post each item under the commercial needs section.

There are designs out there already. I will be contacting the State of New York with this idea, federal level, and news outlet to get the word out. Collectively we can pool together, make an immediate difference, and most importantly save the lifes of those in need of them !!!!!

A chosen design can be decided (likely already) and from there each part can be sub contracted out to whoever is capable and willing to make them. I will cut and paste this thread to forward it.

Best regards and advanced thanks!
Mike Kendall