585,581 active members*
3,880 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Lamb HTC 150 turret

Cincinnati Lamb HTC 150 turret

Hi everyone.

I have a problem with our Cincinnati Lamb HTC150. It's basically rebranded Hawk 150 with Fanuc 21i-TB control and Duplomatic sma-p-16 turret. So, what has happened:

Program was running and in meantime air line going to solenoid that locks turret indexing shotbolt had slipped from connector and started leaking air. Machine stopped when it tried to index the turret and couldn't lock it in place. I've heard the air hissing so I went to the back and fixed the air leak. The problem is that machine can't reference the turret anymore. Shotbolt locks and unlocks properly when I press buttons on the solenoids and spins when unlocked. I've tried manually spinning the turret to position 1 and it didn't help at all. We've also changed solenoids for new ones as we had spare but it didn't help.

I think it's just lost zero position and I don't know how to reset it.

It's popping following alarms when trying to reference or index manually:

1026 - TURRET UTILISATION ERROR
    1030 - TURRET INTERFACE ERROR
    1063 - TURRET ALIGN FAILURE
    1064 - TURRET POSITIONING FAILURE

Any suggestions how to solve it? Thanks.

Re: Cincinnati Lamb HTC 150 turret

These turrets rezero themselves each time the machine is powered up (as part of the ZRN/alignment procedure), so don't think your alarms are from losing the zero position.

Typically there is limited communication between the turret and CNC so what the CNC displays doesn't necessarily give you the whole story about what is happening in the turret. The best thing to do is connect directly to the Duplomatic drive and find out what is actually happening at the drive. There is a serial port on the turret drive that can be used to connect a PC and see the actual fault codes as well as take manual control of the turret to step through the sequence and see where it is failing. You will need the Duplomatic software for these turrets installed on a PC/laptop in order to do this. My guess is your machine has a DDC2, so you may need the older software (for DDC1&2), but the DDC4 software may work for you (I can't remember if they made this backwards compatible and I always use the older version on the older drives).

Quote Originally Posted by maver1ck View Post
    These turrets rezero themselves each time the machine is powered up (as part of the ZRN/alignment procedure), so don't think your alarms are from losing the zero position.

Typically there is limited communication between the turret and CNC so what the CNC displays doesn't necessarily give you the whole story about what is happening in the turret. The best thing to do is connect directly to the Duplomatic drive and find out what is actually happening at the drive. There is a serial port on the turret drive that can be used to connect a PC and see the actual fault codes as well as take manual control of the turret to step through the sequence and see where it is failing. You will need the Duplomatic software for these turrets installed on a PC/laptop in order to do this. My guess is your machine has a DDC2, so you may need the older software (for DDC1&2), but the DDC4 software may work for you (I can't remember if they made this backwards compatible and I always use the older version on the older drives).
    Thank you, I will have a look at it once we reopen after all the madness going on right now... Could you please provide me with diagnostics software and manuals if possible? I have tried to find it but it seems only new software is available on their site. Thanks.

I'm not sure where you are located, but would probably be best if you try to get the software from their local distributor first. I likely have the installation software somewhere, but would have to search for it.

If you can't get the software from Duplomatic (or their distributors), send me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

Got back to work after lockdown and diagnosed it. I have spoken to Duplomatic technical manager from Italy and he provided me with software and manuals. It seems that air leak happened coincidentally with breakdown on power section of DDC4 drive. It does show 3.0 alarm which is for Motor Overcurrent. Normally this alarm happens because of short circuit on servo itself or cables between phases/ground. Tech said to unplug turret servo power supply from the drive and if it's still showing the same alarm, then it's fault on the drive. So we will be shipping the drive to Italy for a repair.

Thank you maver1ck for guiding me what to do.