584,817 active members*
4,719 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki lathes > The old Mori Sieki Underground needs a place to post all of the data collected

The old Mori Sieki Underground needs a place to post all of the data collected

Hello There

Some of you may recall I had a message board that I would post some pretty good info for the older SL-1,2,3 series lathes

Well, I really apologize I really let the web site go so darn obsolete, I had to build a whole new web site on WIX

I know, Forget the jokes about designing a site that is actually user friendly

What I am proposing, Is Give the entire contents of the Mori board for either somebody
    to take over. Maybe build an interface of some kind to post all the data collected HERE

Or, If somebody has robust experience with phpBB software, because honestly, I cant even
    extrapolate any of the board pages, Or I would just use the blog on my new site, Organise them
    and let people use the data for free as always

So its up to you users of these older machines, I am planning on retiring in about 6-7 years when
    my property is paid off and I only have to work for food and beverage

Its up to you younger guys who buy these machines for nearly a steal these days, I mean
    you can still pick up a smaller SL-1 for about $4-5k on Ebay, But useless unless there is support
    and I tell ya, The clock is ticking on support for a machine that prolly can be freshened up and still repeat within MILLIONths, No Yoke

Here is my new site, I can host all the info, That is if I can open it the folder, I downloaded the entire phpBB folder
    the other night and you are welcome to it. The data in that folder alone can save many thousands in service calls

New site located here CNC machining Mojave CA

You can contact me if you are interested in this mission, Please DO NOT ASK ME FOR MANUALS or QUESTIONs via Email
    they will go ignored, If you are savoy on these message boards, Heck you may be able to make some profit off it, I never
    did, As a one man shop, I never really had the time to pursue any type of income from it, All I wanted was maybe connect
    with some work opportunity, and as soon as a person got the answer, They rarely even logged back on for to thank us for the
    info and the $$$ I just saved them to get that old green thing up and running. Sometimes I just wanted to kill it,
    Then I started getting hacked, The early versions of pbpBB were very vulnerable, So I just ended up shutting it
    off and letting people logg on occasionally to get a parameter set or what ever

I think this board is Vbulliton,
    So this will most likely not just plug in here, Maybe there is conversion software, Heck Its beyond me

At this point, Its of no use to me, Heck If I could just get the thing to open, I could maybe write a book, From that
    data and the 30 years experience running and servicing these things

Got an Idea, Im open, Im easy to find

Thank you for your time
    Waynno
    Visit our face book page, search on FaceBook; High-Desert-Precision-CNC-Machining-Nosalas-Hobby-Shop

Re: The old Mori Sieki Underground needs a place to post all of the data collected

put it online somewhere and send me a link via PM and I'll take a look at it.
    p.s. your PM box is full so I couldn't PM you.

Re: The old Mori Sieki Underground needs a place to post all of the data collected

I could supply some info on those, and newer but not new Moris if someone takes this over.

The board has a ton of info, Parameter sets for nearly all of the early Yasnacs.
    There are some schematics and info on how to set up communications, Repair
    tips and preventative maintenance

I dont have enough help on my end to keep my own shop running, It has me tied up
    average 14-16 hour days, All really complicated R&D work. I tell ya, Its wearing me down
    to a nub.

So the only way I could pass this on is possibly zip the folder and Email the contents,
    My new web site does not let me FTP upload anything, And thats fine by me

Thanks
    Waynno

yeah zip it, stick it somewhere online and PM me a link. use any of those file sharing sites like mediafire.com

Please tell me this valuable information wasn't lost ...