584,837 active members*
5,461 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Omax Maxiem 1530

Hi There

Sorry I was also supposed to say swap the cat 5 cable along with all the other connections.
    In theory. If the card is a at fault you should get a Z axis fault.
    What message does it show if you click on the fault at the bottom of the screen.
    Also check to see if the software is registered and check in advanced administrator screen machine setup.
    Is the correct machine configuration installed you can send a picture if you like.
    Thanks

I used the new cat5 cable to connect the X1 position on main controller board to the y-axis card on the gantry. The X1 red light did not come on.

When clicking the fault detail I get a Y-axis fault only, and it gives several things to check.

The software is version 27, build 12/15/17. Not sure how to check if it is registered but I know it is a legitimate copy.

The advanced setup shows that it is for the correct machine and serial number.

Last, I used the new cat5 cable to connect the Y position on the main controller board to the y-axis card on the gantry, but the red light still comes on and now the fault in the software is for the X1 and Y axis.

Hi there

So let's try putting everything back to original positions, just double check that all the connections on the main board are going to the correct positions, especially if the bridge was removed during installation.
    And check all connections
    On the back of the bridge,cat 5 encoder and motor cable's.

X1=XF
    X2=xR
    Y=Y
    Z=z

Ensuring the power is turned off when making connections.
    When all connections are checked Power up and press black reset button.
    take a look at what is faulted.
    Then again power down and install a know good cat 5 cable from the main board to the board on the bridge. Making sure we connected at the correct position at both ends.
    Do you still get fault.
    Thanks

I did a thorough series of swaps and determined that the X1, X2, and Y servo control boards have a fault, and the Z axis board does not. I measured the voltage across the H bridge resistor and the value for the 3 faulted boards is about the same, and substantially lower than for the Z axis board. I purchased the Omax support contract so I could get their help but all they have been able to suggest is to purchase new boards at $1600 each. I'm going to see if I can save the boards since they all power on, there are two green lights on each, one that flashes rapidly, and all drive motors are getting power.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerSimpson View Post
    I did a thorough series of swaps and determined that the X1, X2, and Y servo control boards have a fault, and the Z axis board does not. I measured the voltage across the H bridge resistor and the value for the 3 faulted boards is about the same, and substantially lower than for the Z axis board. I purchased the Omax support contract so I could get their help but all they have been able to suggest is to purchase new boards at $1600 each. I'm going to see if I can save the boards since they all power on, there are two green lights on each, one that flashes rapidly, and all drive motors are getting power.
    I feel you're pain $1600 each, I've never come across more than one faulty card at a time, it appears that the cards are enabled and ready to go.

No flashing LED = card's not enabled and not ready to run.
    Fast flashing LED = card enabled no fault ready to run.
    Slow flashing LED = card faulted

Hi Neil,
    I am still working on this problem. As I mentioned, my Z board is good and the other 3 throw a fault. The 3 bad ones have a different firmware revision than the 1 good one. Could that be the reason? Is there a way to upgrade the firmware?

I disconnected the motor and encoder lines from the good board and it still did not throw a fault, so that narrows down the components on the board that could be bad.

I've looked at the log files but they don't go into detail regarding the actual fault or when/where it is getting hung up. Is there a way to get ore detail on the fault?
    Thanks!

Hi Neil,
    I am still working on this problem. As I mentioned, my Z board is good and the other 3 throw a fault. The 3 bad ones have a different firmware revision than the 1 good one. Could that be the reason? Is there a way to upgrade the firmware?

I disconnected the motor and encoder lines from the good board and it still did not throw a fault, so that narrows down the components on the board that could be bad.

I've looked at the log files but they don't go into detail regarding the actual fault or when/where it is getting hung up. Is there a way to get ore detail on the fault?
    Thanks!
    Hi there

You would require a load n go programming tool with the firmware installed to update the firmware.
    Unfortunately with this type of card we are unable to hook up a laptop to read faults directly from the card. But if you take a tech report from the make screen and email it to Omax tech support they may Be able to look deeper into this.

Hi there

I've also attached the load n go instructions and the correct dipp switch configuration, it looks like you have the gear drive from the previous attached pictures.

Many thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9796.jpg  

I think my machine was originally built with gears but was converted in the field to belts.

It is interesting that the 3 non-working boards are part number 309810 rev B and the 1 working board is 307515 rev M. Coincidence?

OMAX only carries 309810. I found 307515 here and here.

Here are my dips that OMAX sent me. They also said they don't carry the load-n-go any more. Any idea how to get one, along with the firmware?
    Attachment 466880

I think my machine was originally built with gears but was converted in the field to belts.

It is interesting that the 3 non-working boards are part number 309810 rev B and the 1 working board is 307515 rev M. Coincidence?

OMAX only carries 309810. I found 307515 here and here.

Here are my dips that OMAX sent me. They also said they don't carry the load-n-go any more. Any idea how to get one, along with the firmware?
    Attachment 466880
    Good morning

If memory serves me right, the boards are the same and they changed the part number because of the newest firmware, but I could be wrong.
    If you do have the belt drive update then the firmware is wrong, but we can't always assume that the sticker on the boards are telling you the correct firmware that is loaded onto the boards, this would be down to the tech that carried out the update, we can determine if you have the upgrade with a photo of the y drive assembly and covers, if you have the upgrade already installed then the card dipp switch configuration is incorrect.

You can get the load n go programming tool online eBay etc.
    http://www.ccsinfo.com/product_info.php?products_id=Load_n_Go

I would be happy to send you the firmware but I wouldn't be able to send it via this forum.
    I would require your email address.

Thanks

Hello, I've been troubleshooting our 1530 for a week now and omax has been no help in solving our issue. if anyone has a picture of how their relay switch in the main power box is wired up that would give me a great start, thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails unnamed (1).jpg  

Page 2 of 2 12