585,930 active members*
3,984 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

pp 2.0 Rapid Turn won't execute G1

Running PP 2.0.0, Rapid Turn won't execute G1 in either MDI or program control. Not even with the g-code from Rapid Turn's test program. Yes, spindle is rotating and feed is on. Please don't tell me I have to reload 2.0.0

Thanks

Re: pp 2.0 Rapid Turn won't execute G1

Quote Originally Posted by jttoner View Post
    Running PP 2.0.0, Rapid Turn won't execute G1 in either MDI or program control. Not even with the g-code from Rapid Turn's test program. Yes, spindle is rotating and feed is on. Please don't tell me I have to reload 2.0.0

Thanks
    That version of PathPilot is over 2 years old as well as the very first release of v2. I think you'll be happier with something more recent that has bugs fixed and new features. A PathPilot update only takes a few minutes to download and install. I suspect your Millfast goodies will still work. Most of the USB interface gizmos emulate the PathPilot keyboard shortcuts Esc for stop, Alt-R for cycle-start, space bar for feedhold, etc.

FWIW, there's a terse release note about a RapidTurn issue fixed in v2.0.1. Install the most recent version (v2.4.3 at the moment) and see what happens. V2.0.0 should have the ADMIN SETTINGS BACKUP MDI command. Copy the .zip file it creates to a USB stick before the update in case something bad happens. That .zip file will have the tool table and machine settings in it. You're on your own to backup any G code or other files on the controller to a USB stick.

------------------------------------------------------
    Release Notes for PathPilot® v2.0.1
    Release Date: January 9, 2018
    Fixed Issues
    All Machines

Some files are not correctly recognized as G-code, and the File tab will not load them. (PP-1887)
    Mills

Resolved a RapidTurn® pausing issue when using G-codes dependent on spindle speed sensing.
    Lathe

Resolved a rare G96 arc blend following error.

Re: pp 2.0 Rapid Turn won't execute G1

Good advice, thanks.
    This afternoon I installed the current version of PP and all is well. My entire program executes without any issues.