585,954 active members*
4,512 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Tree Journeyman 325 - SD1525-10 Drive (Z-Axis) Getting OT/RMS Light
Page 2 of 2 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
    .....While you may be able to source replacements for many of the discrete components, you might be coming to the point where a modern retrofit might be in order?
    Yes, I would have to agree.

Like me you appear to be a hobby user but probably prefer using the machine to mending it. Without looking in detail, it appears the machine is using brushed DC servos(?), in which case there are modern DC servo drivers available. This would allow you to leave the existing motors in place but replace the electronics with something much simpler and more compact. There's no right or wrong, only options!
    You are correct. These are Brushed DC servo motors. And it certainly does make sense to move to an updated drive/amp.
    Dynomotion does offer the SNAPAMP at $399. I would need two. And yes, I am a hobby user. I have just been trying to prolong the $800.00 cost.

If someone knows of drive/amp at a better price point, I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Re: Tree Journeyman 325 - SD1525-10 Drive (Z-Axis) Getting OT/RMS Light

Quote Originally Posted by machinehop5 View Post
    ...ohmic readings for dif mode ? vs torque mode ? read that last page of SD manual you have.posted nicely...
    J325_Pictures
    itsuptoyoutomakethecallalways
    Hello Machinehop5,

I have read the last page. I know for sure this is set for differential input operation mode, as that is what the DynoMotion requires.. I also believe it is closed loop as the system always knows it position. Are you saying I could adjust this Y-axis board according to the last page of the the SD1525 manual and then re-tune the drive through my Dynomotion Kmotion software and I should be be good on the voltage since it is in differential mode?

I find it confusing to tune this drive with only a volt meter and the TP testing points.

I have used 3 of the CNCdrive brushed DC drives on my 1983 Shizuoka. They are a well priced product although clearly not in the Yaskawa quality zone.
    These are 160Vdc and 45A, which is good for several kW per axis. That works nicely on my machine and enables modern toolpaths and Youtube-level rapids(!). The setup / tuning software was fairly straightforward to use.

I don't know if there is a distributor in the US. They are based in Hungary and they also sell the UCCNC software you may have heard of.

DG4S-16035 DC servo drive - CNCdrive - webshop

I have used 3 of the CNCdrive brushed DC drives on my 1983 Shizuoka. They are a well priced product although clearly not in the Yaskawa quality zone.
    These are 160Vdc and 45A, which is good for several kW per axis. That works nicely on my machine and enables modern toolpaths and Youtube-level rapids(!). The setup / tuning software was fairly straightforward to use.

I don't know if there is a distributor in the US. They are based in Hungary and they also sell the UCCNC software you may have heard of.

DG4S-16035 DC servo drive - CNCdrive - webshop

Hello Muzzer,

Thanks for sharing this information.
    I will certainly check into this .... good price point for me.
    Most likely I would have to have it shipped to USA though.

Page 2 of 2 12