584,857 active members*
4,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Manufacturing Processes > Milling > Help with Cambam and 3d two sided milling

Help with Cambam and 3d two sided milling

I've spent a couple of days trying to figure this out and i'm not getting anywhere with CamBam. I'm trying to mill a wing and I need to be able to cut both sides. Im having an aligning issue on the z axis.

So what i'm doing is milling one side and aligning the top to zero (first picture).My stock is 1" thick and when I set it up to cut the other side I flip the part along the parts center origin and then align the bottom (which was the top) at the bottom of my stock (second picture). The issue is when I go to mill the other side it cuts everything about an 1/8 of an inch too deep. I have the settings set the same for the part and its flipped along the x axis.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (1).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	439463Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (2).jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	439465

Re: Help with Cambam and 3d two sided milling

I think you need a couple more posts for the images to to be visible.

If you can, please upload your .cb file. You will most likely have to rename it as a .txt file. I don't remember if the forum filters will allow a .cb file.

What you may have to do is set Z zero to the spoil board or to a fixture point.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA