584,808 active members*
5,158 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

TNC407 Machine Parameter Save

Dear community,

i have a TNC407 control unit removed from working Hermle machine, and i want to play with them connected on the desktop (i connected monitor, control unit, and control panel, and powered with 24VDC) .
    After months of staying without power, the backup battery is empty and i think a machine parameter are lost.
    When i turn on the control unit i see the attached screen. I cant change the screen, just jump in parameter list.

The controller needs to fill with parameters. I put new battery in the controller and try to fill the parameters.
    But i dont know how to save it. When i change for ex. language parameter 7230 - German to English, the controller execute it, and change the language, but after restart the controller, the language is again German, that means the parameter not saved.

Can you help me how to save parameters in eeprom?
    Maybe together with parameter, the NC and PLC program is lost? I dont have the original parameters, but i dont need them, because the controller is not connected to machine.
    I just want to start the controller in regular working mode, to try writing programs, view menus etc.

Thanks for answer.
    Best Regards.
    Attila.

Re: TNC407 Machine Parameter Save

there is no need to save the parameter after it's changed.
    If the parameters resets after turning of the control it mean's that there is no baterry supply. there may be lack of contact on baterry terminal or some other problem.

Re: TNC407 Machine Parameter Save

You will also need to wire in the fixed emergency stop to provide a 24v input to the correct input pin because the resultant error code will make it unusable without an active Estop circuit. It is all in the manual that you can download for free. Dave