Hi all..

Ok ., about a year and a half ago i built my first cnc... I sourced parts to make the workbee 1500x1500 cnc design.. and went with a bob from a company in france called Axemotion and bought their breakout board called Pulsar ,, reason for that decicion was that i already own a 30 year old Isel/Tecno mill that i use software Galaad for... and the pulsar works with galaad..

Well ., used that thing for MANY projects , but wanted more..

So i designed my own machine and built it with what i at least think are quality parts..

The size is rougly 1500x1600mm made with 8040 / 4040 extrusions from german Maytec. 1605 ballscrews. AMB 1050 fme-p di spindle.. Y plates and Z plates are 20mm aluminium , endplates are 8mm aluminium. NSK LM rails and guides..

Steppers / drivers come from Longs : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280...2db64c4dpNIRNu

Im currently using this powersupply as i am trying to get good speeds working : https://uk.farnell.com/ea-elektro-au...ble/dp/1437548

This is the Axemotion Pulsar board : I have 4 steppers ,, 2xY.... run as coupled... using inputs for limit switches.

BUT non the less im having troubles... and even though im very good at running a diy cnc , and ok at building them i think ;)

im not that good when it comes to setting them up..

No matter what i try im having either stalling issues , or steppers moving only to one direction.. im stalling around 2400 mm/m and by what i understand i should be able to make it up to 4600 without problems..

Im posting 6 pictures with the settings that are accessable for me ,,, " im leaving out the spindle settings cause i have that working perfectly :) "..

Now the settings shown here are basicly default settings from galaad " this is not from my cnc machine that is used with another pc "..

Now i know im probably asking ALOT .,,

But if there are anyone in here that just knows how to work magic and knows everything there is to know about setting up machines ,, it would BE SO nice if they could write back and get me started to set this up.. cause i know im doing something wrong but have no clue to what it might be , so therefor im thinking it would be
best to just start on Zero and work from there...

I tried changing the microstepping to all different settings there is , but nothing seems to work now..

And all the electronics worked with the workbee , its the same setup just on a new machine and with more voltage / amps possible.... before i was using the 36v supplies that came in the Longs set..

Hope to hear from someone ;)

In advance thx..

Best regards ,

Kristjan