585,894 active members*
4,698 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

z parse command too far positive

This alarm appears after I have run a program through the first time. I want to rerun lets say an end mill through again to bring maybe a slot to size. I do a tool search or maybe a sequence number search to this particular portion of the program. Sometimes I get this z parse command too far positive alarm around the areas of a canned cycle such as G81 or G83. I go back through and edit the progam taking the canned cycle out and then have no problems with a tool search or sequence number search to the correct tool I want to rerun. This is a Bridgeport DX-32 VTX2 milling machine. I have a good bit of CNC experience with Haas, Hardinge, milling machines and lathes, but this alarm has me baffled. I am not too familar this Bridgeport DX-32

Just because you search to a line does not mean everything it has seen so far is active.
    It may not have the proper Tool Length Offset for the commanded line.
    Example: You turn a machine on. Z zero is that the quill is up. You do not call up a tool and a TLO. You go to a drill line where the command is to go .050 above the part. The quill is already up and at zero thus it cannot go up any further. Z axis alarm!

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I am only searching to points at the beginning of the tool i want to rerun. Example: N150 T4 M6 (.250 end mill) I am assuming when I search this block that the correct TLO will be identified by the T4 code.