585,582 active members*
3,822 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > Teknic Clearpath SD questions

Teknic Clearpath SD questions

Im running a Flashcut CNC step & direction controller with Clearpath SD ELN motors on my plasma table. I'm trying to tune the motors and am not sure what to set the input resolution and the pulses per revolution to?

Re: Teknic Clearpath SD questions

I too run the SD ELN Teknic servos on my cnc machine the E in the part number means 6,400 pulses per revolution. That is a bit of an overkill for a plasma table but they are the most powerful and quiet servos on the market and super reliable you will enjoy them.

Hi,
    cheap Chinese entry level servos use 2500 line, or 10,000 count per rev Tamagawa encoder or clone of one.

More commonly the encoders have much higher resolution than that, my B2 series Delta servos are 160,000 count per rev and the A2 series
    are 1,280,000 count per rev.

You really need to study up on 'electronic gearing', by using that feature you can arrange the steps per unit to be anything you want.

Clearpath SD's are good but expensive for their power output, Delta and DMM are also good quality as reliable and offer much greater power
    for less money.

Craig

IMHO.

There are several things that factor into your question. I think the best way to look at it is to put the data into a spreadsheet and tweak the numbers until you get what you want. See attached.

There are limits to your mechanicals and limits of the motor and limits of the electronics. They are all related.
    Attached Files Attached Files