585,877 active members*
3,487 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Laserlabs Contour machine blues.

Hi.

I've just started working for a firm who have recently bought a 2nd hand Farley Laserlabs Contour laser cutter with a 2.5kw Rofin slab. The machine is all working, but we are having a few problems that need to be fixed, and we have no manuals.

The machine uses a old Anca system32 main board, running a linux/unix based operating system.

1st problem, the head was changed recently and this has affected the Z travel. The Z top limit switches are ok, but we need to increase the Z bottom, or travel, and this is a software limit. We cant find where we can change this software limit on Z travel, or table set up.

2nd problem, we cant save new cut configurations to the expert database. I go throught the proceedure of creating a new record and edit all its settings and then save with no errors, but when we call it up its just not there.

3rd problem, I want to wire in a bump stop, but dont know where to connect it to, which plc input. I'm tempted to wire a set of relay contacts across the feed stop button and make my own bump stop circuit.

We really need is somone who knows these machines, will pay for services of course.

Thanks
    Glenn
    http://www.thebackshed.com

I cant help this. sorry
    there'll be someone

Contact Ultra Logic Systems (Australia) for service and support of ANCA Series 2000, System16, System32 systems
    Laser Lab / Farley and ANCA themselves will usually tell you to contact Ultralogic.
    The website is www.ultralogic.com.au

PS - Make sure you get the HDD fully imaged by ULS, they are prone to failure and corruption