584,833 active members*
5,539 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > CNC Machining Centers > Horizontal Boring SCM/Morbidelli Author 503, Xilog

Horizontal Boring SCM/Morbidelli Author 503, Xilog

Hi there, I have a 1994 Morbidelli Author 503, I have owned it for about a year and slowly worked through all of the problems (bought it in non running condition). I am using RoutoLink Xilog3, running the NC from a PC.

I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction in creating a horizontal boring program. I keep on getting an error saying something like "Tool 12 cannot work on the selected face" I change the faces in Xilog from 1-5 and I keep on getting the same error.

If anyone has a Morbidelli or an SCM and could help me out with a face selection and boring command that works with you machine that would be super helpful.

Otherwise, if anyone has an Author 503 that they are having trouble connecting or getting to run, I have been through the ringer and would be happy to help, whether its Frequency drive issues, PLC codes, tool changer errors, etc. I feel like I have almost touched every single part of this machine learning as I go, with many thanks to this forum. I would love the opportunity to give back.

Chris

Re: Horizontal Boring SCM/Morbidelli Author 503, Xilog

Can you copy code here? Could be that drill 12 is only for top face

Hi bdoubluet,
    Nice to meet you. My Morbidelli Author 503 from 1996 also works very well. But now my company ends and i want to open the working to Other Maker. But because the use is antique i want to find a way to regenerate this maschine with maybe linuxcnc. Do you have experiance with modernise this Type of macchin. There is a company lonnoc.de The working in this field.
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR OPINION.
    CHRISTOPH

If you need help, message me and i will try to help