585,877 active members*
3,156 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

V21 first timer

I bought this because it seemed like a good product, and also from the support you guys give on this forum. So I had it shipped next day to play over the 4th.. So just wanted to say thanks in advance!!

Be sure to checkout Cadcam trainer Some very good video tutorials available from there too :cheers: (I still haven't got the hang of it but I'm getting there )
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by mmachining View Post
    I bought this because it seemed like a good product, and also from the support you guys give on this forum. So I had it shipped next day to play over the 4th.. So just wanted to say thanks in advance!!

There is a lot of help on Sorin's Forum plus the Video Tutorials.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks It seems like a very good tool I was use to Catia V5 and cadkey
    but was doing all my G-code long hand so this is pretty dang cool!

Catia V5 is Cool. I haven't used it but seen it. It is #1 in my book. A friend of mine uses CADKey. That is nice too.

Personally I can only afford BCC.
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Same here catia is very $$$$$

Well SW isn't so bad if you have the money
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

No nothing wrong with having money, but the company I work for spent 14,000 on it(I also work at the company that developes the software). The normal small shop has problems shelling out that much money. Now saying that Catia is not for the smaller shops. Again nothing wrong with having money, it more about having it when you need it..

No nothing wrong with having money, but the company I work for spent 14,000 on it(I also work at the company that developes the software). The normal small shop has problems shelling out that much money. Now saying that Catia is not for the smaller shops. Again nothing wrong with having money, it more about having it when you need it..
    No nothing wrong with having the money. But I have found that Software is only limited by the imagination of the user. Personally I enjoy a challenge and the hard work involved. It keeps you sharp.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

I hear that. I know what I want to do, but its the challenge thats fun and rewarding.

I hear that. I know what I want to do, but its the challenge thats fun and rewarding.
    The Rewards are great especially after hours of frustration. Not to mention boldly going where no CAD/CAMer has gone before LOL.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com

Toby, maybe you can help me with a problem? I am trying to mill a step that has 2 sides almost a pocket. I have it drawn in a model or wire but cant figure out how to mill just that step. I did post it in the BCC forum on Fri., but I'm not that good at the attachment thing, it is also my first part so not the best. The problem is the lower right side of the part. the rest of the part is going to be milled as a profile.

Toby, maybe you can help me with a problem? I am trying to mill a step that has 2 sides almost a pocket. I have it drawn in a model or wire but cant figure out how to mill just that step. I did post it in the BCC forum on Fri., but I'm not that good at the attachment thing, it is also my first part so not the best. The problem is the lower right side of the part. the rest of the part is going to be milled as a profile.
    Save it as a wire frame and post it here as a DXF File. I'll take a look at it. You have a PM.
    Toby D.
    Schwarzwald

www.refractotech.com