Hi Tom,

Back on it again. Had to take a break. Tried the low pass filter. Didn't seem to have much effect. Didn't find an oscilloscope, but found and bought a Perytech DSO-U2200 USB Oscilloscope for use with a PC. Now I have to try it out. Never used one much, so I have to read up and refresh.

I just had some success with different connections on the axis command cables. First tried to minimize the exposed unshielded wire on the command cables. My cables were originally shield drained at the drives. I tried switching the shield drain to the Kanalog board.

Turns out, as long as the axis shield drains are both disconnected at the drives, jogging does not affect the spindle.

It doesn't seem to matter if the shields at the Kanalog end of the command cables are connected to each other or to Kanalog ground. As long as they are not connected to the drives, the spindle is not affected by axis jogging.

I had them connected at pin 2, marked Signal Gnd, on the AMC 30A8 drives.

Connecting even just one shield drain at an axis drive causes spindle jerking when jogging X or Z.

As of now, axis and spindle command cable shield drains are connected to Kanalog ground and not connected to drives.

Spindle still vibrates a little when enabled. It may be that tuning would help with that.

Sorry to take so much of your time before I tried this.

Thoughts?