585,978 active members*
4,537 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Servo Motors / Drives > looking for servo motor mounting adapters

Unhappy looking for servo motor mounting adapters

Have 4 never used Liton Clifton Precision model jdh 2250-bx-1c motors. Recently purchased a small cnc mill(totally unknown manfacturer)
    that appears to have major issues with controller. No stickers or anything to id mill, but it takes nema 23 motors that appear to be on 47 mm
    square hole pattern. I would like to mount my liton motors on mill since I also have a DIY controller for these motors that also has never been
    used., But the mounting scheme for liton motors was a 1 inch hole which servo motor inserts into and was secured with 4 equally spaced #6
    screws inserted into motor on a 1.531 inch center. So my need is for an adapter to go between motors and mill. Mill is built to accept 4 screws
    on a 47 mm square. from motor. Any help or locating such hardware would be greatly appreciated..quarantined in Kansas....lol
    PS: will insert pic of mill and liton motor....if you know who manufactured this pls let me know. Thanks

Attachment 440128
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	liton jdh-2250-bx-ic.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	440130

Re: looking for servo motor mounting adapters

I can't see you will buy a ready made conversion plate.

I think the hard part will be that once you mount your motor on a plate it will most likely cover up the NEMA 23 mounting holes on your machine. I often mount a stepper on legs which combined with a joiner shaft might let you gain access to the screws that hold your motor in place. Kinda the reverse of this:

When I do this, I turn the end of the leg down and thread it. That way you can align the shaft just by winding the legs in and out.
    Rod Webster
    www.vehiclemods.net.au