585,575 active members*
4,016 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > Commercial CNC Wood Routers > Chinese Machines > Newbie to CNC issue with chinacnczone 6040 spindle

Newbie to CNC issue with chinacnczone 6040 spindle

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. However I am new to this and I am in need of some help. I purchased a 6040 CNC from ebay and it is having an issue where the spindle does not spin when mach3 is telling it to. The VFD controller display is also always fluctuating between 168.8 and 167.8 from the point I turn it on.

I have used 3d printers for around 7 years and I have a good understanding of the way a CNC works apart from the VFD and its programming. I have downloaded the manual for my specific VFD, however I have not the slightest clue as to how to go about programming it, or if that in fact is what it requires. The photos attached show the machine and the specs. The VFD model is MK100-2S2.2G-DK here is the link to the manual (https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%...%21114&o=OneUp)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, if there is anyt other information needed please let me know, thank you in advance.

Re: Newbie to CNC issue with chinacnczone 6040 spindle

I don't have that particular VFD but I do have a similar chinese one with an equally bad user manual, so this is more of an educated guess but I think you'll find you need to change your PO-02 parameter, the default is 0 which looks to be spindle controlled via the control panel (the potentiometer on the VFD itself) you need to change this setting to either 1 or 2 to enable spindle control via the parallel port (Page 5). This is most likely done by pressing the DATA/ENTER button then using the UP/DOWN arrows to scroll through the codes, pressing DATA/ENTER to select one and then using the UP/DOWN arrows to change the value and finally DATA/ENTER to confirm the change.

The table on page 4 tells you a solid L/R light means it's in keyboard control which I bet it is currently in now, this should go to off or blinking when in setting 1 or 2. The 168.8 and 167.8 is likely the frequency display of the VFD signal, you'll need to switch it to display rpm instead unfortunately this is not at all clear from the manual how this is done. Always be very careful when modifying any VFD settings, you should also lock the settings once your done by changing PP-04 to 1 (page 12).

Re: Newbie to CNC issue with chinacnczone 6040 spindle

here some good VFD for cnc, very best price and easy to operation.
    Delta VFD-M inverter