585,902 active members*
4,219 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > New build using AXBB-e and huanyang vfd

New build using AXBB-e and huanyang vfd

Good evening everyone,

So I decided to jump head first into building a cnc router, never have and now its gonna be sink or swim.

I will be using a chinese 1400mm x 900mm frame, powered by

Wantai SS880 drivers
    12nm on the X
    9nm on the Y & Z
    3x 350w 60v power supply
    24v power supply
    5v power supply
    220v 2.2k watercooler huanyang gt with braking resistor
    AXBB-e with UCCNC software

I have been working on my shop in the basement and haven't even built the frame, in the meantime I have been putting the electronics together and have been trying to figure out how the vfd will need to be wired in order for the spindle speed to be controlled by the uccnc software.

I have read the manual on page 29 and the wiring is somewhat different for the j1000.

In any case I would like to know if anyone has experience with the AXBB & Huanyang combo.

In the manual it specifies to take the jumper out to make the 5v outputs into 10v in order to control the vfd speed, other have mentioned that it's the opposite. Also I believe that the manual (and others online) says a relay for the vfd to even run is needed, well if where to change the pin to 10v would a 10v relay be needed for the vfd or still a 5v relay?

wiring diagrams or type of help would be greatly appreciated, I haven't found anyone online or YouTube talk about this.

I have included a pic of my controller "box"
    And all criticism is welcome, constructive or not haha.

Thanks,

JC

Re: New build using AXBB-e and huanyang vfd

The relay would have a 24V coil, as shown in the diagram on page 28 of the AXBB-E manual

S1 and COM on the VFD go to the relay.
    AO1 on AXBB to AI2 on VFD. Looks like you need to set 3.08 and 3.10 to 2 to use AI2.
    5V0 on AXBB to GND on VFD
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    The relay would have a 24V coil, as shown in the diagram on page 28 of the AXBB-E manual

S1 and COM on the VFD go to the relay.
    AO1 on AXBB to AI2 on VFD. Looks like you need to set 3.08 and 3.10 to 2 to use AI2.
    5V0 on AXBB to GND on VFD
    So the S1 and com shorted together to the 24V0 ?

And that goes to to the +U and the -U, the -U and +U is and E-Stop creating a contact point signal into the AXBB for the vfd to run? Otherwise the vfd wint run.

Re: New build using AXBB-e and huanyang vfd

So the S1 and com shorted together to the 24V0 ?
    No, to the relays NO and COM terminals.

And that goes to to the +U and the -U, the -U and +U is and E-Stop creating a contact point signal into the AXBB for the vfd to run? Otherwise the vfd wint run.
    I don't know what +U and -U is?? All you should need is the relay and the analog voltage for the spindle to run.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    No, to the relays NO and COM terminals.

I don't know what +U and -U is?? All you should need is the relay and the analog voltage for the spindle to run.
    Sorry, I'm really new at all of this.

I guess I'm going by the example diagram, and the only relay I see there goes to the stepper motors, the only wires I see coming out from the vfd are the S1 & S2 going into the O2 & O3 and the SC going to the 24V0. For whatever reason in my head I associated the S1 and com to those wires, since that's what I saw in the diagram, maybe I should just forget about the example diagram since that's for a J1000, It's hard to get away from existing drawings when I dont know much about it and expect it to be the same.

Should I take the pin out of the 5v to make it 10v?

Also, I'm running a 60v power supply, does it matter what kind of 24v relay I get and should it be solid state or mechanical? Or would it be wired the same as the stepper motors or should I be running 2 relays? Can you explain what the +U &-U by looking at the diagram?

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it, been pulling my hair out Trying to figure it out by searching online and watching videos, especially when all builds are different and haven't found someone using AXBB any huanyang.

JC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200413_192416.jpg