584,826 active members*
5,085 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Exclamation Vytek L-Star Laser Software HELP!

Hi Guys!

I just purchased an used Vytek L-Star Laser, while it did come with some software, I can't seem to find the Vytek Setup CD, so I can't install Motion Control Suite/Job Server to connect the machine to the computer via LAN. I am very knowledgeable about 3D modeling and CAD software as I am a mechanical engineer, however, I am very new to the Vytek laser software. I contacted Vytek for some customer support and I'm sure all of you know how that went... "Before we can help you with anything we need $250 to put your name in our system, then we an additional $225 annual technical support subscription fee and then an additional $75 an hour for any help and $1000's for their crappy software..." What an absolute JOKE! As a comparison, I recently purchased an used Multicam CNC router, and what a completely different experience, they were actually happy I purchased an used machine, they offered all the free technical support I need, and gave me 30% off all parts and tooling for joining their team. Based on that I will do everything I can to avoid dealing with Vytek as they don't know how to treat customers, pretty poor business sense if you ask me.

Does anyone happen to have a copy of the Vytek Setup CD that I could download, or maybe there is another program I could use. I was told there is a program called Machine Manager, however I have not been able to find it online. Any help you guys can provide will be greatly appreciated to get this laser up and running.

Cheers!

Re: Vytek L-Star Laser Software HELP!

Hello, I may have the software if you need it. PM me.