584,837 active members*
5,493 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > Help with Okuma vertical mill 4 axis program codes

Help with Okuma vertical mill 4 axis program codes

Hello guys,

I have an Okuma vertical mill with an OSP200 controller. It has a Koma trunion table added on with the B axis being the 90 degree movement and the A axis being the 360 degree rotation. I use Esprit for programming. Our Esprit has all the 5 axis features enabled but unfortunately the post processor doesn't include the 4 or 5 axis code. My boss wants me to run a part that I can only make in the mill. I would like to use wrap contouring. I believe i could write a small program manually but I not familiar with the codes used for the 4 axis continuous rotation codes. This part is basically a ring with a groove on it. I want to come down with and end mill in a couple of increments while rotating the 4 axis (A) with a controlled feed rate. I know it will be hard to get my hands on a post processor so here is the request. Can someone post a simple G code program for this machine that will do what I explained? I will modify it manually to accommodate my part. Thank you very much in advance.

Re: Help with Okuma vertical mill 4 axis program codes

hy, why isn't your boss instructing you ?

tool allready in spindle, B axis in position
    G15 H1 ( wcs )
    G56 HA ( tool z offset )
    M08 ( coolant )
    S2500 M03 ( rpm, sense )
    G00 Z0 ( clearance )
    G01 X or Y F G95( move among X or Y, so to make contact between tool and material )
    G91 ( incremental )
    A180 ( 1/2 rotation )
    A180 ( 1/2 rotation )
    G90 ( absolute )
    G01 X or Y ( disengage tool from material, go back to clearance positon )
    M05
    M09
    G00 Z (up)
    G00 Y (bring table close to the doors)
    M02

this is all i can do now, i can't test the code / kindly
    Ladyhawke - My Delirium, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_bFO1SNRZg